To shoe or not to shoe

Suechoccy

Visit site
Hoofboots are your answer. A pair of Renegade Vipers lasts me a year before the tread on frontmost part of sole is worn down, so at £138 that's a bargain price to keep him comfortable on all terrain. He now wears those on his hindfeet and has a new pair on his fronts as I've upped the road work over winter and noticed some toe wear on his hind heels. I do 100pc recommend you contact Liz Hapgood at Hoof Boutique. You take photos and measurments (her website explains what's needed) and send off to her with some details and she'll advise what boots would suit best. You can then hire fitting kits (just the boot shells) in various sizes, or hire complete boots so that you can check size/fit/style and the cost of either of those options are then partly deductible against any boots you then buy from her. Highly recommended way of going forward. Ensure the feet are newly trimmed when taking measurements to get size correct. And if you're not sure, check with your farrier about how you can run a rasp around the bottom edges of the hooves inbetween regular trims, so that you keep the hoof edge tidy (think of it like you running a nailfile over your fingers).

Morgan123

Visit site
We do endurance up to 80km (including mud and river crossings) in renegade vipers. Expensive when you buy them but they last years, never rub and hardly ever come off, up to galloping, not bulky so you could jump in them etc etc etc. They are awesome (though expensive)