To WOW or not to WOW that is the question!

flyingfeet

Visit site
Ok had the saddler out to try a wow jumping saddle

First impressions were good - although butt ugly, very comfy and could almost manage a sitting trot on a very bouncy horse.

His current saddle is a bit of a compromise as the gullet is slightly narrower than suits him, but if I make it wider I end up tipped forward (Bates saddle). However not pinching and panels are a reasonable fit on him.

He works well, but still think he is holding back on me and has a habit of hollowing (not severe by any means)

However a £1,500 saddle may not solve these problems and technically I could buy lots of nice saddles with the funds.

So are WOW saddles a gimmick - does anyone use them seriously for show jumping?

Marquire

Visit site
I made a post last week about my WOW saddle. See here.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/sh...rue#Post1240950

I originally bought it for dressage but 6 months ago bought jumping flaps for it and have been competing in SJ (up to newcomers) and XC training with it. It took a little getting used to for jumping mostly because I have a deep seat version (because it was for dressage originally) but I feel super secure in it. Most importantly my boy can really use his back in it.

The initial purchase is expensive but it is well worth every penny.

Marie

katelarge

Visit site
I haven't tried a Wow yet, but personally think you are better to get one £1500 saddle than several cheaper ones - they won't all fit the same and this may well upset your horse. Can you keep the saddle for a week's trial? You might need that long to really get him working well.

If you did want to trial other saddles, what about getting out some serge-panelled ones to try? I have a Humphries & Swain GP that my horse goes really well in. It might be worth calling Kay Humphries' saddlery, Norton and Newby, in Bucks, and asking if there is anyone fitting H&S saddles in NE Scotland?

As far I know there are several SJers using them, but can't remember their names!

MagicMelon

Visit site
Id buy one if I could bare to spend that much! They are very expensive, but Id say worth it IF they fit your horse really well and suit you both.

I would think WOW saddles keep their value really well too so you could sell it on ok