Today I am....

Aru

Visit site
a qualified Vet!
Still in absolute shock but after 5 long years its finally over.
Have no idea what to do with myself as all the main celebrations are tomorrow so thought I'd just share on here.... :D

Also one of my friends got the most adorable cockerx collie today... I now am seriously thinking of my future dog :D now that life has being restored and I have a job that would allow a dog to travel with me I finally get to start looking for one of my own :D

happy happy days bring on the rest of a life with animals :D

mattilda

Visit site
Huge congratulations. One of my best friends is a vet and I was with him (figuratively speaking) all the way through vet school. He now has his own practice and I trust all my animals with him 100%. I know how hard you have worked to get to where you are and I wish you a long, happy and successful career. J x

Aru

Visit site
Thanks all :)
Dobiegirl il still be on here,lurking away like I have been for years :p though it might be harder if I end up in america working!we go where the jobs are so in 6 months god only knows where I'l end up! Can work anywhere across the world now visas permitting..scary thought!
Last years class are scattered across the globe so it will be interesting to see where our crew all end up.....
its all so strange though...after 5 years together I am going to miss my year so much!there's so many people I might never see again :( But I guess thats life...things are just changing so fast though its unreal...this year was really tough but it absolutely flew!

Oh and Cavecanem...I like the slopey back cripples.....the main issue with me and vaccinating GSD pups tends to be *must not offer to buy pup..must not offer to buy pup!They are just that little big to big to sit comfortably in the front seat of a car and they would be really expensive to ship if i end up moving abroad :p.....

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Congratulations! I remember my daughter phoning me last year to tell me she had passed, at first I wasnt sure if it was good news or not as she was crying! I wish you all the best for the future, are you looking to work with small animals? Glad you're a Gsd fan, just remember they don't all have bad hips!

5bs

Visit site
Many congratulations,my daughter became a vet two years ago has had a great time working as a large animal/ mixed vet in Devon.in a months time she is going to work in new Zealand,she did her work experience out there in year two,and said she would always go back.I dont think she will come back,we are going out for a month in January.she works very,very hard the hours are long but she loves every second.

Murphy88

Visit site
Congratulations, now the fun begins!!

Do you have a job already lined up? And I agree about getting a dog, I got Pick in August after qualifying and he comes to work with me, he causes much amusement with my clients when they look in my car and see a manic grinning dog! If you go into small animal/mixed practice you will find plenty of opportunities to bring home waifs and strays, I very nearly ended up with a 5m old staffy with neurological disease a couple of weeks ago!