today i made that call we dread

babymare

Visit site
Today i rung the vets to book date to have my little mare pts. Knowing the vet i like and knows baby is much in demand i have rung early to be sure.lovely kind recepionist explained my vet was out all that morning. trying to stay calm the tears started. i was kindly told "1min im putting you on hold"then my vet came on and we talked and arranged a time her putting herself out. So its arranged and i have the comfort of knowing Liz willb be there at end . pointless post but to say sometimes vets understand x

babymare

Visit site
Its a month off yet(but tears fall when i snuffle my nose in her mane or see or so excited to be going out to her fellas) but i needed Liz there. profesional matter of fact but a horse woman. Hence forward planning. I just need to know all will be calm. do you understand? head is mashed all time at mo :(

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
as above its not pointless, most of us have been there done it and know what it is like. Its never easy what ever the situation..

Feel for you xxx:(

Tiffany

Visit site
It's never an easy decision and it must be reassuring knowing you have a vet who is in agreement with your decision and is prepared to put herself out.
(((hugs)))

babymare

Visit site
Thank you al. Im a proud owner and 4years ago i know at some point this day would come. she has been through so much in her short life the sweet mare and to make this decision when 15 its been hard but its right and im just glad liz will be there on our final stage on a journey through life thats been dificult for us both. my "the one horse" of my life . thank you for caring

HashRouge

Visit site
So sorry for you, but so glad you've managed to get the right vet to be there *hugs*

With you being in Cheshire and the vet being called Liz, I've a feeling I may know her. If it's who I think she is, she's wonderful xx

Clare85

Visit site
So sorry to hear. It really is the final kindness you can give your little mare. I'm sure all will go smoothly as sounds as though you have a good vet. Just remember that your memories of you horse yours forever. You only have to think of her and she will be there in your heart.

babymare

Visit site
Lol hash rose cottage. straight talking will tell you off but cares. i remeber day she told me baby was going blind. she was brilliant upbeat telling me off a horse totally blind doing dressage. some find her manner hard but i love her. she is what you need when **** happens x

Natch

Visit site
I have used the same liz and yes she is the best you can get.

Sorry you're going through a tough time :(

Merrymoles

Visit site
One of my regrets is that when my boy was pts in an emergency, it couldn't be the only vet he ever trusted. However one of my friends was able to arrange in the same way as you and it was absolutely right. The vet also knew us both well (I held her horse until she decided she was able to cope) and was very sympathetic and lovely. You are definitely doing right by your mare. Hugs

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
So very sorry you are having to do this. And certainly not a pointless post. You are doing the right thing by your mare, and she'll always be with you no matter what. I wish you well when the day finally comes. Been there myself, so I know how you feel, as so many of us do on here. We're all here for you. x

Boxers

Visit site
So sorry you are doingmthis, but I'm sure youmknow what is best for your horse.

I had to make a similar phonecall this time last week and my boy was pts last Friday. It was agony waiting the 5 days. Every time I saw him and he was sweet and cute, I felt like a traitor knowing what would be happening in a few days time. But I know that I did what was right for my boy regardless of how I felt myself.

My thoughts are with you, I hope you can get through the months wait. X

Garnet

Visit site
I made the same call last week to book the time for this Friday :(
I know exactly how you are feeling and there seem to be so many of us in the same boat at the moment. Hugs all round are in order I think ((((everyone))))

dalesponydiva

Visit site
I work at a vets but am also an animal owner... I tell people never to apologise for crying or saying they are sorry for asking for help...It shows we love our animals and we should never be sorry for loving them.

Hope you will be ok and sending ((hugs)) to all who have lost their "loves".

turkana

Visit site
It's a horrible thing to do, I know what it's like to look into a horse's eyes & think "you trust me & I'm having you killed"
But well done for making an unpleasant but necessay decision, a good vet will always put themselves out to ensure that the right thing is done & done properly.
Sadly many of us understand, I wish I didn't though!

Double_choc_lab

Visit site
Just gone through this ourselves. We also asked for our usual vet as the mare was happy with him and we could just be ourselves. The week waiting from making the call until our mare left us was the hardest. I'm calling her "mare" as it too hard to keep saying her name at the moment.