Toggi Calgary boots..reviews please!

bumper

Visit site
I'm looking for opinions on these as I'm looking at getting them. Now, I had these boots about 5 years ago, but the zip went on one after about a year of only using them for hacking out, so I didn't buy more...however they were VERY comfortable and I loved them!! I'm wondering if they have improved the zips since then. I've been offered new boots as a birthday present, so if anyone has any different suggestions for boots just for hacking (I have Muck Boots for yard work) up to about £100 please do say!

spike123

Visit site
I've had 2 pairs, started with normal width and then brought the wide fit ones after the zip went on the first pair after around a year. The second wider fit ones the zip also went after around a year of use. I now have broginin modena's and so far so good. Had them for almost a year now.

Rhodders

Visit site
I had mine for about 3 years before my horse took my leg out on a bridleway sign and ripped them, the boots saved it being my ankle that got snapped as we were full steam ahead at the time

w1bbler

Visit site
Had 1 pair that lasted less than a year, complained & got a replacement set. The replacements are going strong about 3 yes later.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I don't think toggi boots last long at all. I've got the canyons, love them for when wellies aren't appropriate but I'm on my second pair and they fall apart from the inside out starting very soon after purchase.

Umbongo

Visit site
I bought mine around 5 years ago for £50 and they broke earlier this year. I would definitely have them again but not worth they price they are selling them at now! And from what I have heard the zips are still rubbish. I would spend a little more/put some money towards your present and get a nice pair of Ariats or Mountain Horse :)

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I'm on my third pair, the zips are a weak point and went after about 18 months to 2 years but at the price I paid that's fine. I wear them in deep mud and places that I won't wear more expensive boots so treat them like wellies but something I can ride in too.

I have had other boots for a similar price and they given up the ghost even sooner. They don't last as long as say Ariats but then Grasmeres cost over £200 and the Calgarys were a quarter of the price at between £50 - £60.

bumper

Visit site
Thanks everyone! Mixed reviews then. I'd love Ariats but can't stretch to that. Will go and try some on. I suppose IF the zips on them do go, I can complain and get them replaced!!

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
I have a pair I bought in a sale. Extremely comfy. I wore them probably 4 times a week for 2 years and loved them but I reckon the zip ( though I think the design is different now) would be a weak point so I have tended to use them just for riding and not for much yard work.

gina2201

Visit site
I've got a pair of Calgarys that are still fine after over a year of constant wear and taking on/off 3-4 times a day (wear them for dog walking too). I find them fine, zips show no sign of wear or weakness.

fiwen30

Visit site
I've had mine coming up to a year, and while the zips are fine, the elastic portions around the ankle are staring to split and leak. This can't be fixed, and my previous pair did the same. They're also pretty useless in puddles, as the zip comes down so low. I find them a bit too roomy around the ankles, as I'm a petite size 10 with skinny bird legs!

Annagain

Visit site
I'm on my second pair. First pair lasted about 4 years of nearly daily wear - although I only ride in them, I don't really wear them around the yard. The zip went on the ankle - a problem area for me as I have large calves and small ankles so have to buy the wide fit ones (in any boot, not just these) but they're then baggy around the ankle so slump there and the zips can't cope with being folded. As I said, this happens a lot to me and the Toggis lasted much longer than some other makes I've tried. I've had the new pair about a year and they're still going strong. I find them really comfy and would definitely recommend them.

bumper

Visit site
Thanks everyone! Well, I went and tried a LOT on. Tried on Mark Todds, MH, etc: in all the wide was HUGE, but the "normal" was too tight! The Calgarys were the most comfy in the foot (I have very wide feet) and although I could zip up the normal calf width, I felt at risk of circulation stopping so have gone with the wide ones. I think I'm between "normal" and "wide" in them all to be honest, but I've gone with the Calgarys. Boot sizes are bloody daft. Anyone with a good bit of riding muscle is not going to have skinny calves!!