Toggi Calgary Boots

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Don't know what they're like at all but if the soles are anything like their paddock boots then I'd be very wary of them. The rubber sole is wafer thin although looks good and solid and when they split, they disintegrate because they're made up of cardboard, I kid you not.

baileymoo

Visit site
Mine have reallly good soles, thick and are still in one piece after a year!
Mine fit around my calves fine but i only have sticks really as legs.
Also due to my stupidly thin ankles they collapse a lot round them so i have to wear leg warmers even through the summer. But if i wasnt so retarded they would be good boots
smile.gif

Chex

Visit site
I found them tight around the calf ( I have average calves I would say), and also a bit long. Which is a shame cos they're nice boots.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I got the wide fitting and found them really generous.
I usually have problems but these are if anything too loose.
The feet came up small though - I take a 39 and needed a 40.

I've had mine since about October and wear them constantly and so far they've lasted well. Hope they do last as I love them, so comfy.

Umbongo

Visit site
I have average calves and I found them lovely to wear, mind you I do think I think they are quite "thin", if that makes sense, and I would get cold feet in the winter....so I do really only use them during the warmer months and use warmer boots in the winter. I found them more generous around my calves that I do my ariat long boots.

I got mine from Prequestrian on ebay, I made an offer of £50 for a pair over the summer and they accepted it! Don't think I would pay full price for them. Check out prequestrian

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toggi-Full-Calgary...=item27ae5386d8
They have other sizes etc available.

robinsbrook

Visit site
My daughter has a pair and had them for her birthday which was last april, she has worn them every day and even ridden in them, wears them in the mud, water etc., she thinks there great and are still going strong and not leaking, she didnt have any probs with the calf fitting.

lannerch

Visit site
I love mine.
Agree they are not the warmest when it is really really cold ( that cold spell we had recently )
They are great value for money ( mine too were £50 ).

I do havfe thin legs however and think if you have wide calfs then to look at the wide option for which you may have to pay full price which for a leather boot is still not dear.

welcome423

New User
Visit site
Well, I am a 6 1/2, maybe slightly bigger now, and I ordered a 7. They fit really well but with a bit of extra room around the back of the top of the calf; however this is probably because they are slightly big for me! I don't really know if they wear in well as I wore them with two pairs of thick socks when I bought them - partly because it was winter and they aren't overly warm, and partly because they were a bit big! I work mine pretty hard (at least once a week, sometimes every day) and in my opinion, they haven't held up that well... The leather bits on the zips came off about a month after I started wearing them - not that it matters much, the zips are still on! Also, the fabric on the inside sole has almost completely come off and now sits in a folded up lump under my feet - not the most comfortable thing considering there is rubber underneath... However this has happened to all my yard boots so I wouldn't think they would wear out if you just rode in them, however if you do a lot of strenuous yard work perhaps consider the tougher ankle yard boots.

MuddyTB

Visit site
I got the wide fitting and found them really generous.
I usually have problems but these are if anything too loose.
The feet came up small though - I take a 39 and needed a 40.

Agree with this.
The Calgary is the only riding boot, (excluding country boots), I have managed to get on. And they are if anything a little big at the top.
I have a 7 which is my normal size but it is snug on the foot whereas normally there would be more room.
I keep mine just for riding and am really pleased with them.

mightymammoth

Visit site
also got some and am pleased with them so far, I'm a 7 and have found them true to size. The calf fitting is snug but that should give a little with wear.

Elbie

Visit site
I have average calves and the normal width fit ok.

I've had mine about a year and a half, they have started leaking at the toes and the zip has broken on one!

Hattie9988

New User
Visit site
What are these like for size around the calf? I always have difficulty getting long boots to fit my calf but have always wanted a pair of these.

i have just brought a pair of these boots & i love them!!! i have been looking for a pair of long country boots to fit me for way over a year as i have such stick legs nothing will fit me in the calf without having to get boot hand made for me! :( (at a huge cost) but i found these in my saddlery and they fit me around the calf not only that but they are cheep! i have only ridden in the boots once so i don't know how long they are going to last and its summer at the moment so i don't know how warm they are going to be when it comes to winter! The boots are also very smart looking and have a very thick sole so i hope they will last a long time. i recommend you get a pair! when you say "i always have difficulty getting boots to fit my calf" how do you mean to? are your legs to wide or to thin?

casspow

Visit site
What are these like for size around the calf? I always have difficulty getting long boots to fit my calf but have always wanted a pair of these.

I Love mine RolyPolyPony! True to size and fit my calf! They do have two calf fits, standard and wide - so hopefully you will get one or the other to fit :D
Had mine for over a year now and there still going strong!

fiwen30

Visit site
I'm on my second pair of Calgary boots! I'm a 5'3, size 8-10, with average calves and they fit just fine. My only gripe would be the zip comes right down the back of the heel, so if you walk through water more than ankle deep, you get wet feet through the zip!

gembear

Visit site
I've had mine for over a year. Ride and do yard duties in them and they're still going strong. I have skinny calves and they fit me perfectly.

My only gripe is they rub my heels after a while, even with two pairs of socks on.

Meems

Visit site
I have quite chunky calves and their normal width fit me fine. I did order a pair of their wide ones, but they were huge around my calves I had to send them back.

They are smart boots which look good, are quite waterproof and very reasonably priced. I'm on my second pair, the first pair lasted about a year which is good for me, I'm a bit of a boot murderer!