Toggi Xtreme sponsorship

Robynsteward

Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that Toggi Xtreme have reduced the amount of riders they are sponsoring. Most notebly missing from their list are Matthew Wright and Neil Spratt.

Anyonw know why???

lorenababbit

Visit site
Same reasons Ariat dropped chris King i should think. probably got to the end of their contracts or their results no longer justify sponsorship by a major label. also toggi are officially sponsoring the team so i suppose their is a limit to how many they can sponsor outside that particularly if they are a foreign rider. Spratt hasnt got an advanced ride at the moment either so not likely to be seen at the big events. bit surprised about mathew though but he might have another sponsor that clashes or something.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I can understand Matt Wright - he is not on GB team and in my opinion will not be there for a while unless he gets a blinding result at Badminton. He started being featured after Euros so guess that was 2 years ago. The one I am surprised they stick with is Bumble Thomas as she has no quality 3* or 4* horses at the moment.

lorenababbit

Visit site
PMSL!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
actually since you put it like that Lec you are quite right and so am I!!

Robynsteward

Visit site
There are a couple I know. By the way Neil does have an Advanced horse-Haka- just he done his tendon and Neil is working him up the ranks. (Sorry wasnt being picky).

Bumble Thomas is good but your right, she hasnt really "featured" much has she? ALthough foesnt she have a ride on the Psehologist or however you spell it....

lorenababbit

Visit site
i know about haka, perhaps i should have said neil doesnt currently have an advanced horse competing at that level and as for Bumble, the horsey with the name has retired i believe.

Robynsteward

Visit site
Aaah and I shouldnt have jumped to conclusions. Sorry *rolls eyes* I think he's still doing 3*...that was the last tyime I saw him from memory.

So that now means Bubmle is left without a ride yeah?? I thought she had 2 or 3 different rides.

Neil seems to be concentrating on youngsters at the moment. Bit of a mini andrew Nicholson except that they are at either ends of the scale. Neil has about 11or 12 in at the moment.

lorenababbit

Visit site
yeah i saw him on one yesterday, though since i moved out of swindonville i have lost touch a bit! Bumble aslo has lots of youngsters i believe and seemed quite happy when i saw her at addington recently.

Robynsteward

Visit site
BLess 'em lol. I still think it's a shame Toggi are concentrating on the likes of bloomin oli townend 9sorry fi any offence caused) because having people working on youngsters is good too. Aah well when will businesses learn

lorenababbit

Visit site
sadly they have learnt that winning=publicity and that means winners get sponsors and those trying to educate and improve their horses dont! anyway must go else i wont get to the demo i am supposed to be attending tonight!!

Robynsteward

Visit site
Lol have fun!! Hope it was good. And your right, certain people are all about winning where a vast majority choose to educate their horses making them "minor" in a businesses eyes

tixi

Visit site
Neil does have an advanced ride this season - I know because its mine!! Although he is certainly no 4 star prospect! And Haka has retired.

The Psephologist has also retired and I think is now doing pony club stuff and Nabatean Treat, Bumble's other 4 star ride was sold to Joss Gray and has now retired too! Both Neil and Bumble have lots of very smart youngsters on the way up though.
smile.gif

Robynsteward

Visit site
Has neil retired Haka know? OMG!! Last I heard they might be going to Burghley. Gaah Im confused!!! Oooo a new advanced ride *is interested lol*

BBs

Visit site
I am glad Neil has an advanced horse, hes such a nice guy - he rode my horse too but only at lower levels.
Nabatean Treat broke down at Burghley last year
frown.gif

Bumble has some very smart horses, seen them out hacking around my way
smile.gif

Robynsteward

Visit site
He deserves to get selected into a team sometime soon. He just needs a constant 4* ride bless him. Maybe he should take one of Oli townends?