Toilet Training HELP

ibot

Visit site
Hey all

So Mickey is now 13 weeks tomorrow and he is such a cute monkey :D:D his sit is amazing he is ok at down his recall is top of the class.

BUT his toilet habits are not good at all. during the night he lets me know when he needs to go but it all goes out of the window during the day.

Please give me tips and ill send you bones :D:D lol

CAYLA

Visit site
In what instance is he passing? infront of you? when you leave the house? what areas does he have access to and where is he left when you go out?
Also where does he stay over night?

ibot

Visit site
wow so many questions
when i go out he is left in the kitchen and he is clean
when i am home he has run of house and loves to go in my middlle sons room :confused:
he sleeps in the room with me and hubby and lets us know when he needs to pee.
there has been a few occasions when i have had him out for a wee or a poo and he will then come in and pee right in frount of me its very annoying :mad:

If he gets a fright outside he will be too scared to do anything outside. we live in the countryside and so he gets a fright from the sheep or an owl and today i think it was a magpie chatting that had his bladder freezing :eek::eek: looks like i ave a spooky horse and puppy.
am i asking too much of him or do you agree that he should know by now :rolleyes:

horsies4coursies

Visit site
ours went through a phase like this when she was a similar age - we found that it was attention seeking mainly when she felt our attention was elsewhere - she did grow out of it at about 18wks - we used biological washing powder on the areas she soiled (always the hall upstairs for some reason) as they do not contain bleach and don't emphasise the smell of urine and faeces and seem to break the cycle ........

CAYLA

Visit site
When you are in the house he needs to be in the same room as all times, if he wees and you are not there (you cannot correct/guide him) out to the toilet, if the kitchen is hard floor and the other rooms carpet, that possibly why he is weeing also, but certainly he has to much unsupervised space when you are home. I personally would not have a pup running up and down the stairs or in my room at night, not until a good routine was in place and he was fully trained.

So good rule of thumb, don't let him have the run of the house, close all doors and keep him in the room you are in, until he is 100%, then increase his roaming space.

ibot

Visit site
thank you Cayla you are deffo my go to person :)
i have started shutting rooms my problem is its a big old house and with 3 kids its hard to keep track of doors, so tomorrow family meeting :D:D