Tokyo Eventing SJ thread

piebaldproblems

Visit site
Morning folks!

Can someone explain to me why people that got eliminated or retired in the XC do the trot up? They’re not eligible for the showjumping, are they?

Good on Brazil for subbing out that guy (if it’s who I’m thinking it is). Watching the end of his ride made me very uncomfortable.

Otherwise loved the Polish outfits, shame that Fantastic Freida got spun but she was cantering quite a while without a shoe. Couldn’t find a picture of Jan Kaminski and Jard (nor a picture of the South African combination) but looking forward to watching the live… instead of working… Well this is a once every 4 years event so it’s worth it, right ;)

Wishfilly

Visit site
If they didn't complete a phase but are on a team, they can complete for the team in certain circumstances, but get 200 penalties I believe. I'm assuming it's an Olympic thing but it is bizarre!

WelshHoarder

Visit site
Just seen this on FB - relieved we’re on a bit later as I need to go drop the eldest at theatre for the day so will miss the first few!

Attachments

• CC531CF0-C8C8-459B-B63F-A072650AE64A.jpeg
    CC531CF0-C8C8-459B-B63F-A072650AE64A.jpeg
    162 KB · Views: 46

Lexi_

Visit site
I guess it’s all in aid of having more teams complete the competition but it feels really weird!

I am on the sofa with fresh coffee and pain au chocolat, ready for two nailbiting hours! The GB team are about to go in the cycling on BBC1 if you want to fill 5 mins before the showjumping starts.

Cloball

Visit site
Is the only coverage on Discovery+? I’ve not heard any mention of eventing on the BBC.
The breakfast Olympic show mentioned that the showjumping started at 9 but not how much they were actually covering.
I am finding these new rules a bit odd but I suppose it does allow the less equestrian heavy nations to complete the team event. I can see the sense of a 3 pair team but all the subbing is weird.