Tokyo Showjumping thread

Nicnac

Visit site
The guy from Jordan looked absolutely terrified coming down the shute. He was going well until the stop.

SOS

Visit site
I think it would be a welcome addition to the showjumping and XC to have a small horse and rider and country box. It’s hard to keep track of who’s in and without numbers on I get lost!

Kat

Visit site
I think it would be a welcome addition to the showjumping and XC to have a small horse and rider and country box. It’s hard to keep track of who’s in and without numbers on I get lost!

I think one way we could make equestrian sports at the olympics easier for non-horsey folk and potentially more appealing would be to change the kit. Let's have lots of obvious flags and national colours.

The dutch and the irish jackets at least make it obvious who you are watching. The Japanese, Chinese and Kiwi XC colours were good too but overall there was far too much black, white and navy in the XC and the SJ is even worse.

Seeing the british SJers in their training kit made me think it would have been great for them to compete in that gear.

Let's have more colours, flags on hats and maybe even coloured/patterned breeches.

Kat

Visit site
I'm not sure matchy matchy is the way forward?

Why not? Most other sports it is really easy to tell what country an athlete represents from a distance by their kit. Equestrian you are squinting trying to see whether that is the GB red collar or the dutch red collar, and what colour that tiny flag on their breast pocket is.

SOS

Visit site
I think one way we could make equestrian sports at the olympics easier for non-horsey folk and potentially more appealing would be to change the kit. Let's have lots of obvious flags and national colours.

The dutch and the irish jackets at least make it obvious who you are watching. The Japanese, Chinese and Kiwi XC colours were good too but overall there was far too much black, white and navy in the XC and the SJ is even worse.

Seeing the british SJers in their training kit made me think it would have been great for them to compete in that gear.

Let's have more colours, flags on hats and maybe even coloured/patterned breeches.

I love traditional dress but think the XC should feature more team colours/flags/country names down their sleeve. I figured they were all wearing white to keep cool though!

Flags on nummnahs for all stages (not sure that’s already a thing) and rider hat’s??

Non horsey people wouldn’t of really had a clue watching XC.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Not sure I can watch (on silent at work) as the amount of metal in their mouths, flash straps, the martingales, yanking on mouths is making me rather uncomfortable. Saying that the Egyptian did a nice round. Didn't see him pat his horse though.....

ETA I'm defo not a fluffy ;)
Mum and I were at hickstead or similar and she turned to me and said why does that horse look weird, I can’t put my finger on it. And I said it was cause he was in a cavesson nose band and saddle. No martingale etc.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
is there an easy way to change to the sound as nothing is happening for me
I pressed the middle button on my remote. Clicked on the icon of a message and a range of sound options came up on the right of the screen. It took about a minute or more before it switched so be patient.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Why not? Most other sports it is really easy to tell what country an athlete represents from a distance by their kit. Equestrian you are squinting trying to see whether that is the GB red collar or the dutch red collar, and what colour that tiny flag on their breast pocket is.

I have to say, it is a mild petty annoyance of mine this games that it looks more like the German teams are competing for the country of Pikeur than for Germany