Too small?

NotAnotherChestnut

Visit site
My rising 3yo dutch WB mare is standing at about 15.1 or 2 at the moment.. Now me, being 6 foot, needs her to get rather bigger.. Her mum and dad were both 16.3, but she just seems not to be getting much bigger very fast..

Is it likely she might squeeze past the 16.1hh mark do you think..? She has me worried and I really really don't want to be in the position of selling her because she's too small for me..

teddyt

Visit site
Horses reach the majority of their height in the first year. Having said that wbs mature late. Sorry, not much help but youll just have to wait and see!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
my part bred trakhener was 15.1 at 3 and ended at 16hands. her mum was only 15.1 and dad was 16 hands, she also was a first foal. she didnt reach her full height till almost 6 , so you may be ok..

Cliqmo

Visit site
As others have said I think warmbloods generally, and dutch warmbloods in particular are well known for growing until they are 6 or 7yrs (as I understand it you are meant to keep the amount of intensive work undertaken to a minimum until this time) but at least yours should grow to accomodate your height :D