Top chop zero

Supertrooper

Visit site
I've started my pony on this today as a low calorie filler. The little git won't touch it though, just sniffs it, kicks the bucket over and walks off.

Arghhhh, I've told him he's obviously not that starving then.

Why do we bother 😢😢

SEL

Visit site
Personally I can't stand that apple smell so we're changing to honeychop (which is cheaper). My 2 are usually grateful for food of any description but I have noticed that I have to give it to them before their haynets otherwise it gets left!

dreamcometrue

Visit site
Mine prefers Honeychop too and will eat that on its own as a filler in the summer when she is on restricted hay but she won't eat Top Chop Zero on its own, I use it as chaff with her balancer.

Flibble

www.annamason-art.co.uk
My boy has been on Topchop zero all winter.
He gets soaked hay and then a tub of this damped down to keep him going when the hay runs out. Not sure about the ref to an Apple smell there is no apple in it.

Notimetoride

Visit site
I started mine on that a week ago as I had to get her off alfalfa. She too turned her nose up at it so I mixed literally just a handful of her old chaff into it and she ate it. Did that for a few days and reduced it and now she's happy eating it on its own.

Flibble

www.annamason-art.co.uk
When I first gave it to him he was mad for it ate it before his hay then the enthusiasm petered out now he is happy to eat it.
I weigh out how much I give him every night. Some morning the tub is licked clean sometimes it has a small wet amount in the bottom and occasionally it is buried in his bed so I can't tell.

MiniMilton

Visit site
I had some top chop lite left over when I bought my first bag of top chop zero. I mixed it 50:50 and the horses ate it no problem and gradually made it all zero.

Supertrooper

Visit site
He says no to eating it dampened but I'm now mixing it with his SS lucie stalks, hard to say if he's eating it but if nothing else it's keeping him occupied picking the lucie stalks out of it!

Abby-Lou

Visit site
I use top spec zero and both mine eat it but they have turned their noses up to other chops previously. Its great to help with keeping the weight off in summer

Flibble

www.annamason-art.co.uk
Just thought I would do a quick update on this.....suddenly we are back to when I first bought it I have a new bag don't know if that's significant. He comes in to his netted soaked hay and has a few pulls I push in the trug of Topchop damped down and he turns away from his hay and tucks into the Topchop.

Ellietotz

Visit site
I think mine would have a heart attack if she knew there were horses out there that left their food! She's such a greedy mare!