Top class Livery Yard wanted West Yorkshire !

LeedsHorseys

Visit site
Hi all, hope you can help! Looking for a really good equestrian facility livery yard. I work in the centre of Leeds but happy to travel for the right yard so don't mind if this means Bradford, Wakefield, Ponte, Selby etc etc... within 25 miles of the city centre would be good but will consider further.

Needs to be a yard where they really go out of their way for your horse, and take excellent care of them.

Individual turnout has to be an option, and all year round turnout, though happy if this is only a few hours in winter months, so long as they are getting out of their stables!

Indoor school and outdoor school preferable but don't mind outdoor only so long as it is truly all weather and not under water all winter! Not too bothered about horse walker/lunge pens etc.

Hot shower room would be good and decent storage, good quality haylage and option for hay.

Price isn't important as happy to pay for excellent service.

Thanks in advance for any replies!! :) :)

Mr Punch

Visit site
Hi Cricket Hill Equestrian in Gildersome is good. Is run by Nicola Sheard. They have a lovely outdoor school and horse walker. Is about a 15 mins drive out of Leeds up Gelderd Road. I had my horse there for a few weeks on schooling livery and he was very well looked after.

PinkSwoon

Visit site
Hi!

I would only recommend one yard & it would be Faldingwood Livery in Doncaster. It is at the upper end of your preferred travelling limit but it's 5 minutes drive if that from A1 junction 36. It has all of your requirements aside from an indoor but there is an all-weather outdoor with floodlights & a full set of FEI approved jumps. It has recently been refurbished & has facilities in abundance (wash box, hot shower, solarium, walker, individual turnout pens for rehab/if the weather is horrific). On top of all that it is on the doorstep to MILES of hacking (my local wood which is stunning!), the yard owner Kayleigh lives on site & is a very professional and knowledgable along with her staff. They also hold regular clinics with well-known professionals & riders (physio, jumping & dressage are the most recent ones I've seen organised)

The only reason I moved (& believe me I thought long and hard about it!) is because my auntie had bought her own horse so we decided to livery together but if I ever wanted to go full or assisted livery again there is nowhere else I would go

Last edited: