Top Spec Balancers.....

Coblover63

Visit site
..... Expensive because of the name and reputation.... or worth the money? I know you normally get what you pay for, but that all goes to pot in the equestrian world!!!!!

Thanks in advance.

muckypony

Visit site
I've just bought my first bag... Was going to go for Baileys lo cal but at my local tack shop there was only 50p difference in price so went with TopSpec as already use their grass. Nothing helpful to add apart from that it makes a great little feed for my Shetlands. However, the amounts they advise you give are ridiculous! No way are my Shetlands having 250g... They have under 100g and that's already a bit much!

Valonty

Visit site
I have all of mine on it, wouldn't give them anything else. The retired and semi-retired are on the Senior Lite and my skinny TB is on the Comprehensive Feed Balancer. It makes a difference in my TB as it helps him keep weight and condition with out having to give him any supplements, and for the others it means that they can be fed as little as needed but I still know that they are getting what they need.

muckypony

Visit site
But if you don't feed the RDA, how do you know your horse is getting the right quota of vits & mins?

I don't, but I do know that I'd rather them be slightly lacking in vits/mins, than in on box rest with lami for being obese! I have excellent grass and my hay is good, so I'm quite happy that they get what they need.

Orangehorse

Visit site
It says on the bag that you can feed less. I used to give my mature, in work but not hard work half the amount and increased it when they were working much harder, getting ready for shows, etc. Economical.

Dumbo

Visit site
I was thinking about starting my boy on the Lite balancer over winter. He's a really good doer so will just have grass and hay. I believed it was cheaper than baileys Lo-cal?

gina2201

Visit site
Excellent thread - watching with interest. Have just started my mare on TopSpec Cool condition cubes and wonder which balancer to choose! Have previously used Pink powder but keen to see opinions.

mytwofriends

Visit site
My oldie is on TS Senior Balancer and their conditioning cubes, and has been for nearly three years.

My vet recommended TS for the quality of feed, plus their excellent nutrition team. There was no vested interest by the vet (the practice is sponsored by another feed company actually), so I rang Top Spec with my horse's actual/target weights, and they put me on the right track.

He's now shiny and well covered, and as the balancer is complete, I dropped all the supplements he was on. I'd highly recommend Top Spec based on my experience.

Louby

Visit site
I had excellent results from the Cool condition cubes gina2201, I feed them during winter for my TBx and they dont heat him up at all. Ive just bought the TopSpec comprehensive to replace Formula for feet so will see how we get on.

xxcharlottexx

Visit site
My horse has been on senior balance for a few months. He has put back on the condition he had lost, coat looking shiny and feet improving (currently barefoot due to bad cracks in hoofs growing out.) I was sceptical and only trialled it after speaking to their reps at Yorkshire show. It's expensive for a bag but works out about £1 a day for my 500kg tb. Il be keeping him on it and think il try the conditioning cubes over winter if he needs the extra calories.

{97702}

Visit site
I was always very sceptical until I fed my present TB on it.... would thoroughly recommend it now, he looks amazing and has put condition on like I wouldn't believe :)

Summer pudding

Visit site
Our veteran TB was on TopSpec balancer for years, and is now moved on to TopSpec Senior and he thrives on it. We had probs last winter as he lost so much condition. I was advised that as he was having so much feed he didn't need the balancer so I stopped for a few months, however I really noticed the difference when I re-introduced it. I get it delivered by Titmuss £32.99, very painless and I don't need to be in. TopSpec feed line is very helpful too, excellent products and service.

MissJessica

Visit site
I've been using Topspec lite for almost three months with great success.
My good doer looks fab, so easy to feed & he is incredible spooky & it hasn't given me any heat or craziness.

Brontie

Visit site
We have our Clydesdale's on a TopSpec balancer, can highly recommend it. Although yes, it is expensive it lasts a good few months and so that's where your money is saved.

Jazmyn101

Visit site
I have my mare on top spec cool balancer along with hi-fi molasses free and supplements. It is really a great feed, my mare loves it and she looks great on it, shiny coat and great (barefoot) hooves and importantly it doesn't fizz her up :)

nato

Visit site
Does anyone know if the Joint balancer contains the same ingredients as Cortaflex? Wondering would it be worth putting my horse on Joint Balancer + Cortaflex or just Joint Balancer

siennamiller

Visit site
I got an 18 yr old show jumper on loan about 7 weeks ago. When I got him, he would come out v stiff on one side, and was noticeably wonky on one diagonal, he's been on the senior feed balancer since I have had him. His coat is super shiny, he's put weight on, and he feels much sounder.
It costs me about £1 a day, but it's worth it

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Nope as their no cereal formula has cereal in it and I fed it to my intolerant horse on the understanding it had no cereal, not been a great summer for my normally great veteran barefoot and bombproof guy.

He got bad WLD, he got spooky, fractious, grumpy and his skin flared up. I was not happy when I looked at the ingredients properly and found all the cereal derivatives and by products :mad:

K66mby

New User
Visit site
Same! How are you finding it? I'm feeding the rda.. But feel my girl is a bit hyper? Not sure if it to do with the feed or maybe she's just feeling better as getting the right vits etc..