Top tip for Grand National 2013...

JFTDWS

Visit site
What do you think? He's just started hurdle training and we're very hopeful for next year's national...

IMG_3886e.jpg

:D

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Is that all you can say about my flying highland hurdler?!

Take it up with dafthoss, she's the jockey! :D

No ;) Just trying to dodge the fact that your flying highland hurdler jumps a damn sight better than my (when sound) ex-racehorse :D

(And I did notice the stirrup irons ;))

JFTDWS

Visit site
yes, well Fergs jumped and landed in one county. Dafthoss jumped and landed in a different county :p

574649_535673576487_278600097_1127485_1032046640_n.jpg

:D

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'll back him!
Btw, how do you build up to that and how forward going does he have to be? We're still struggling with 2'6" :(

Once you get the canter, everything else falls into place. With F, we started doing grids, getting him athletic and forward and seeing the stride, and within a week he was moving up from 80-85cm spreads to over a metre. So I would say really, really forward, but not very fast.

Haha well that will certainly give those stressy TB's a run for their money :eek:

They might be so scared of him they all run off in the opposite direction, leaving him to lope home :D

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
What really makes me laugh about that photo is.............

The horse and rider are pulling exactly the same "oh god" face lol... go back and look! X

JFTDWS

Visit site
dafthoss's face is priceless :p Fergs is his standard "it's ok, I know what I'm doing" face :D

Open to suggestions on the name front :p Will need to get him registered with Weatherbys ;) :D

ShmellyEm

Visit site
I don't think he really cleared it to be honest, his bellys dragging through the top! ;)

Definitely betting on Ferg for 2013, he's going to make history :D:D

Jesstickle

Visit site
I really didn't expect it to be that big from the way he's jumping it. Clever lad.

I mean, I know dh is a short ass but even so, that's a good size for a little pony :eek:

ETS: dh, did you only go and stand next to it after you'd jumped it ;)

dafthoss

Visit site
I really didn't expect it to be that big from the way he's jumping it. Clever lad.

I mean, I know dh is a short ass but even so, that's a good size for a little pony :eek:

Neither did I :eek::eek:. The others said it was big but I didnt realise how big!

Hey I'm not short :mad: I'm verticly challenged :D and its about 1.05-1.10 I'll have you know I measured it against me when I got home :cool:.

But yeah only go stand next to it after you have jumped it ;) actually I did kind of fancy doing it on knobbert next time :eek: it didnt seem that big even after standing next to it :D

JFTDWS

Visit site

I'll admit, I am rather proud of his little feathery socks :eek:

Jesstickle

Visit site
Hey I'm not short :mad: I'm verticly challenged :D and its about 1.05-1.10 I'll have you know I measured it against me when I got home :cool:.

But yeah only go stand next to it after you have jumped it ;) actually I did kind of fancy doing it on knobbert next time :eek: it didnt seem that big even after standing next to it :D

All the best people are short don't worry! :) Yellow pone could easily jump that.
I don't look at them at all if I can help it. I jumped this out on BH and thought it looked a bit big, and they told me it wasn't, so I jumped it, but then I looked at photos of it with other people jumping it and it blimming is! :eek: Glad I didn't realise how big or I wouldn't have done it!
http://www.srcf.ucam.org/cudh/node/3654

I'll admit, I am rather proud of his little feathery socks :eek:

I'm not surprised. He's a lovely lad and a credit to you and his breeder :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
All the best people are short don't worry! :) OI :mad:

Yellow pone could easily jump that.

Very much agreed.

I don't look at them at all if I can help it. I jumped this out on BH and thought it looked a bit big, and they told me it wasn't, so I jumped it, but then I looked at photos of it with other people jumping it and it blimming is! :eek: Glad I didn't realise how big or I wouldn't have done it!
http://www.srcf.ucam.org/cudh/node/3654

bloomin' 'eck :eek: that is rather scary :cool: Credit to BH and you!

I'm not surprised. He's a lovely lad and a credit to you and his breeder :)

Thank you, I have never deserved him. He is, I think, my pony of a lifetime :eek:

(and yes, he's a credit to Morrich highland ponies, from whom I bought him :p)

cattysmith

Visit site
Bloody love a highland with that kind of spring in it's jump! People really underestimate them I think. They really can turn a hoof to anything and potentially very well if you've got one with the right attitude. You get a good one like that though and you're in for some mega fun times! I've had 2 who can jump like that and have had so much fun with them.

Littlelegs

Visit site
There was me thinking it was another racing thread. What a brilliant pony, he's got a fantastic little jump. You can't go wrong with a native grey pony. The colour gives them special powers. (not his breeding lol)