Topspec balancers

hobgoblin

Visit site
Hi after a lovely chat and nice shiner brochure coming in the post today I was thinking about changing to topspec feeds ( wouldn't normally but have had issues with one particular horse ) however... A friend of mine said it sent one of her ponies barmy!
This I definatly don't want!!! Was thinking of trying the cool balancer?
Anybody used? Did you find it cost effective?
Horse needs low starch/ sugar but can not maintain condition on add lib forage so any other suggestions most welcome! Thanks in advance

meesha

Visit site
I use topspec lite with chaff and forage - hunts off it - doesnt make him loopy (hunts off it0 and works out at £25 per bag which would last 5-600kg horse just over a month !

abercrombie&titch

Visit site
I swear by their balancers and use their anti lam and comprehensive. I use the comprehensive on my big pony - he is utterly intolerant of sugars/starch/cereals etc etc and he does really well on it - much better skin & lovely shiny coat. Its not cheap, but it lasts quite well (he's 700kgs so he has approx 3 cupfuls a day) and he's worth every penny!!

StormyMoments

Visit site
taz is on te original balencer and will be going on the cool balencer when i have finished this bag as he is not in work and doesnt need any particular energy just needs to keep weight on, taz as 2 cups a day and he is doing ok on it he still could do with a bit more weight but im not complaining as e has looked alot leaner, and i cant say much about sending them loopy as taz could eat race horse cubes and he would be the same as he usually is :eek: hes just feeling very well at the moment as he isnt doing anything :)

Hollywood

Visit site
Used Top Spec Stud Balancer sent my youngster loopy and was only giving her half recommended ration - I just feed general vitamins now.

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I think it sent my recovering from injury horse a bit loopy - the comprehensive one at least. He restricted atm, and a couple of weeks being off the balancer seemed to be quite a bit calmer and less electric that he was on the balancer.

He is just on a vit and min supplement now :)

TigerTail

Visit site
Have a look at the pink powder thread, read the ingredients list for top spec balancer then make an informed decision!

If he is losing weight micronised linseed is fabulous. Im feeding half a cup with two handfuls of just grass and pro hoof supplement.

thatsmygirl

Visit site
Tbh I think balancers are a waste off Money how can you balance your horses diet if you haven't had your forage/grazing tested?
Far cheaper ways off feeding general vit/mins which is all balancers can do

thatsmygirl

Visit site
Agree with tigertail micro linseed is a great way off adding weight safely without the added crap which goes into a lot off feeds

nessiehhorse

Visit site
Tried the balancer but can't say I saw a lot of difference. However, I have found a difference since change to Hi-Fi molasses free mixed with Allen & Page Ride & Relax, also molasses and Barley free. A far more chilled, but not dull neddy.

maggiesmum

Visit site
Tbh I think balancers are a waste off Money how can you balance your horses diet if you haven't had your forage/grazing tested?
Far cheaper ways off feeding general vit/mins which is all balancers can do

I agree with this! I did try top spec once upon a time, 48 hours later I had 5 lunatics, I threw the rest of the bag away!

my bfg

Visit site
switched to top spec as it worked out cheaper than blue chip, really regretted it! Ems skin went dry an flaky within days an she got very moody! she went straight back on blue chip :)