Torsion Treeless versus others

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
Hi
My sister is thinking of getting a treeless saddle for her mare and has been looking at them on ebay. She asked me if I knew what the difference was between a torsion one and the cheaper ones? I have no idea as I have never looked into them.

Can anyone advise? Thanks

Happytohack

Visit site
I bought two Torsions 8 years ago which have been brilliant. They are getting pretty worn now and I saw the new version at Burghley and thought it was great. After a long chat on the phone, I decided to take the plunge and buy a new one. It was not the same as my original ones and slipped alot on my horse's back. I sent it back straight away and only hope they refund my money. They offer a "try before you buy" which costs about £45. If you are considering a Torsion, definitely go for the trial. I am now looking into different saddles.

allijudd

Visit site
we saw a gorgoues one the other day made by iv horse which has had the stirrup bar moved back so it is more inline with your seat...lovely and priced at around £490

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
Well i have a lesser known (if known by some) brand caled rangers or something and its a beautiful saddle, i am well pleased with it,its incredibly comfortable and seren goes well in it too and it was cheaper then torsion, and its nice quality too. Here's a few of pics, i changed the stirrups to normal ones with flexi stirrups as i prefer them personally,bit more of a traditional feel

IMG_0804.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

seren11june2006028.jpg

seren11june2006015.jpg

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
Was there any particular reason that you went for the Torsion rather than a cheaper version?

She is wondering why there is such a huge difference in the prices? Money is not an issue but she doesn't want to pay a lot more money if there is not a lot of difference in quality etc

Did you have your saddles professionally fitted? She has been told that you don't need them fitted and that you Do need them fitted so now not sure what to do
confused.gif

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
Hi Not me it is my sister.

She is really struggling to get a saddle that fits her horse well. She has a Welsh Section D and she has one quite big shoulder and one none existent shoulder which has caused her previous saddle to move around a lot. She had a saddle fitter to come and measure her etc but after lots of looking they just can't get a good saddle for her.

Her horse has a saddle sore now and has not been able to be ridden for a couple of months. The vet suggested that treeless might be the way to go.

Rupert2006

Visit site
I have a barefoot cheyenne and I really love it.

And you don't need a saddle fitter, cos the saddles fit like a blanket, so will fit virtually any horse.

you do need to use the special saddle pad with it.

flyingfeet

Visit site
I know I am having a few problems, but he does seem like an ideal candidate for a WOW saddle if you can afford it.

Even a torsion relies on the horse being symmetrical. Good thing about the WOW's is you can pump up one side and not the other to compensate for asymmetry.

I have a lateral correction in my saddle to compensate for me rather than the horse and its amazing the difference it has made.

Also due to where they sit they don't infere with large shoulders and grip well on horses with no withers.