Totally devastated but he seems to have decided for me.

Bens_Mum

Visit site
To all who have followed what has been going on. I went up today and he didn't even come to me he called but didn't move not even for sweets. Hes walking really badly even in the field and is just not interested in a thing he finally ate some mints when I pretty much put them in his mouth no change of getting the tablets down him.

YO is going to make the call for me. I just can't stop crying hes my bestest friend and its really happening now I can't imagine a single day without him. Part of me wants to call the vet and given them every penny I have got if it might help but I just know that it won't. I just don't know how I will ever say goodbye to him ever.

Farcical1

Visit site
I feel so sorry for you, but it is obviously time.
You will be doing him the ultimate kindness by ending his pain.

It is never easy but it is the bravest and best thing that you can do for him.

Huge hugs to you.

catembi

Visit site
Oh dear, so sorry to hear this.

It's very hard, but unfortunately most of us end up in this situation sooner or later. The fun is spread out over many years & the horrid bit comes all at once.

Hope you're okay.

touchstone

Visit site
It is hard, but for their sake sooner is better than later.

It really is the kindest thing for them and you've got to think of that and be strong for them.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
Be comforted in the fact he said "Mum I can't do it anymore" and you listened and respected his wishes.
It's one of the most important jobs as animal owners to listen when the say help or its time and its also the most heartbreaking.

Sending you our love and hugs.
Xx

View

Visit site
Be comforted in the fact he said "Mum I can't do it anymore" and you listened and respected his wishes.
It's one of the most important jobs as animal owners to listen when the say help or its time and its also the most heartbreaking.

This in buckets.

Virtual hugs coming your way. Well done for doing this last, kind task for him.

littlemiss1

Visit site
Its never an easy decision and i felt guilty when it came to my mare, but i knew deep down it was the right choice not that it made it any easier. They have ways of letting you know that they have had enough and just be strong knowing you're giving him the dignified send off he deserves with love and respect.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
So sorry to hear this. Try to take comfort from the fact that you can put an end to his suffering. It is never easy but it is the decision that responsible owners take when they know that it is time. Much better than with people, who we insist go on til the bitter end.

mytwofriends

Visit site
Be strong for your darling boy, OP. You're sure to feel wretched, but he'll feel no more pain.

Treasure your memories and remind yourself what a loving and responsible owner you were, right to the end.

Hugs to you.

Mike007

Visit site
The wonderful gifts that horses shower on us daily can only be repaid by doing the right thing for them at the end.

3OldPonies

Visit site
So sorry to hear this very very sad news. It's always so hard when one of our friends leaves us, you're absolutely doing the right thing though, once they've told us its time then hard as it is it is up to us as responsible, caring, loving horsey mums and dads to help them on their way.

Sending you loads of big hugs, look after yourself.

Bens_Mum

Visit site
Thank you everyone. It's all been arranged for next week he's on some bute to keep him comfy which has perked him up and he's going to have a couple of days pampering before he goes. They couldn't come sooner (he won't be injected) but it will be nice to have a little bit of time together to say our goodbyes and I know now it's the right choice thank you everyone for the kind words of support it means ALOT.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Thinking of you in this awful time. Hope you've got lots of love and support around you.

He's a lucky horse to have had such a warm, kind owner who clearly knows him so well and listens to what he's saying.