Towerlands Park closing down :(

TinselTurkey

Visit site
I just read on the equestrian events website and the towerlands website that towerlands will be closing on the 1st of october and will be available for private hire. I also read that they are improving things at towerlands so does that mean that they will be re opening in the future?

I actually really upset about it :(

p:S are there any other show centres in essex/near herts/essex that do stat away shows ( Like the junior halloween show, new year show,christmas show etc.)

perfect11s

Visit site
I just read on the equestrian events website and the towerlands website that towerlands will be closing on the 1st of october and will be available for private hire. I also read that they are improving things at towerlands so does that mean that they will be re opening in the future?

I actually really upset about it :(

p:S are there any other show centres in essex/near herts/essex that do stat away shows ( Like the junior halloween show, new year show,christmas show etc.)
have they still got that awfull surface... maybe they closing it to re do the place and re do the arena..

nokia

Visit site
i thought that company only rented the outdoor arenas for shows and it was only till october ie a seprate company managed the outdoor shows not under the gredley management unbrella of unix.

TinselTurkey

Visit site
yes the shows outdoor where run by equestrian events ltd and not UNEX.

It said on the website that they where refurbishing and working on the arenas.

TinselTurkey

Visit site
this is what it said on the towerlands website:

Announcement - Aug 19th
Towerlands Park will be undertaking significant improvements to the Indoor and Oudoor Arenas during the latter part of this year. Thereafter both Arenas will be available for hire in 2011, to book please visit our contact page.

lyndy

Visit site
On equestrian events website, Charley's announcement says that - its the end of an era and its so sad, so it really sounds like no more shows only private hire next year!

What a shame if this is the case. Towerlands is a fantastic venue::(:confused:

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
I like Towerlands, there is also Norton heath and Longwood in Essex. Also one called Wix (think that is what it's called):)

mystiandsunny

Visit site
When you look on the towerlands site itself it just says that the equestrian events ppl have hired one of the outdoor arenas from April to end Sept this year. It looks like other big shows are going ahead separately to this tho.

eoe

Visit site
Tom Hunnable will be turning in his grave he set up this centre in 1979 and it was subsequently sold to the Gredleys a few years ago. The centre always says it cant make money but no one seems to understand why, Charley and her team have made a good success of this over the summer months, it is such a waste of a fantastic venue.

Here is the link to Charleys website.

http://www.equestrianeventsltd.com/

Funny how this conincides with Tim Gredley giving up showjumping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Foxy53

Visit site
:( That's really a shame. I can remember when Towerlands had a cross country course and outside grass arena, it was always busy. Week day club nights were really good, with a different type of jumping each week (novice, intermediate and open). You got the chance to jump against people like Sam Hunnable and Charlotte Bathe keeping their eventers ticking over in the winter months. At the end of the season (spring) they held championship evenings and awarded sashs and prizes. Arrrrr memory lane......:)

Another centre is Lordsbridge (Cambridge) but I'm not sure what they are doing now.

Remember Harwood Hall.... :rolleyes:

TinselTurkey

Visit site
I think its a real waste of a venue, I loved it it was my faveourite venue the shows were great, prizes and rosettes were great.

Its a real shame for equestrian events as they ran some lovley shows.

I have heard of norton heath but not of the others people have said so I will have to have a look.