Towing 510 ifor with Kia Sorento

palomino_pony

Visit site
I have a diahatsu four trak at the moment but I know it will be soon coming to the end of its life :-( and am looking around for something reliable - maybe for every day so not thirsty. Got to be diesel and capable of towing at least 2.5tons.

How do people find the Kia Sorento? Have only experienced towing with diahatsu and defender that can tow 3.5 ton

I have a 510 ifor that is MAM 2580kg so vehicle needs to tow at least that weight

Thanks

Last edited:

_daisy_

Visit site
i believe that the Kia Sorento has a 3.5t towing capacity and that they handle fabulous when towing.
i know 1 person who has one and they love it for towing their HW cob & 510

Ali2

Visit site
Older Kias are 2.8 ton max capacity so fine for you. The brand new ones have a reduced capacity so do be careful. Friend has one and really likes it. We were considering one but at 30 MPG we've decided to keep the car and buy an older 4x4 just for towing.

NeedNewHorse

Visit site
I have one!! I have a 505 though but the Kia is fab and I love my car very much - so far I haven't towed with it, but a friend has several times and said it's fab. I have towed with it empty and had no worries whatsoever, though because I have not towed anything else, of course I cannot compare, but my friend who has said it's great to tow with and was impressed.

My test is at the end of this month, so I will out and about then so could let you know more but I actually did a lot of research on this forum and that's why I got the Kia as it came up trumps and I am so pleased I did. Love it.

xx

LankyDoodle

Visit site
Kia Sorrento won JDPower's best towing vehicle award several years running, which is one reason we opted for it a few years ago when we went from lorry to trailer (equitrek).

In terms of towing: it towed our Equitrek so will have no trouble at all with an ifor.

The tow capacity of our model Sorrento was 3.5t (07 model).

Baileyhoss

Visit site
We have one. I love it too!. I have a '53 plate, 2.5l. Rated to tow 2800kg.

I only pull a 505, but it does so with ease :)

posie_honey

Visit site
just a thought - have a look at the ssangyong rexton too :)
i love mine - and it tows really nicely - 3.5t capacity
(they have merc engines and gear boxes too btw ;))