Towing a bateson trailer - what vehicle?

Pancakes

Visit site
At the moment i am towing with a Landrover Discovery however i have to share this with the parents, so wanting to get my own vehicle. I am looking at
4x4
preferably something economical (yes a economical 4x4 :rolleyes:)
capable of towing two 15hh horses in a bateson trailer
not overly expensive - do not mind if it is pre-historic model :p

So my question is what vehicle do you tow your bateson trailer with or any suggestions of suitable vehicles??

cookies and hot chocolate for all :D nom nom

WeeBrown

Visit site
Mines a shogun sport. Mainly tow a lightweight 16hh and a porky 14.3hh cob. OH does the towing and never has any probs. I don't have any experience of other 4x4s but is is a pig to park and has a very large turning circle.

perfect11s

Visit site
At the moment i am towing with a Landrover Discovery however i have to share this with the parents, so wanting to get my own vehicle. I am looking at
4x4
preferably something economical (yes a economical 4x4 :rolleyes:)
capable of towing two 15hh horses in a bateson trailer
not overly expensive - do not mind if it is pre-historic model :p

So my question is what vehicle do you tow your bateson trailer with or any suggestions of suitable vehicles??

cookies and hot chocolate for all :D nom nom
I would say you need something
in the same class as the discovery so you are in the same fuel use situation could you not carry on sharing with your parents and buy a economical hatchback not for towing but so you have a economical run about and use the landrover when you need to tow or use if your not going far but your folks are ???