Towing cars

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
My apologies I know this has been posted about a fair bit.

I have a citroen Picasso which came with a tow bar fitted, now I am guessing that it wouldn't be suitable to tow a double rice trailer with a 15.2 medium weight cob in would it? I haven't looked at it's weight load but I am pretty certain I would be over weight and it wouldn't be safe to tow with, am I correct in thinking this?

It's no issue if people confirm my thoughts that it wouldn't be legal as we have a mini bus with tow bar that will be fine to tow with. Anybody else ever towed with a mini bus? We had done about 14 years ago, I'm just a bit worried about looking like a ***** (no offence to ******) turning up to a clinic or show towing with a mini bus esp as I do have a coloured cob lol.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
With the minibus if under 8 seats plus driver if you're driving on a B licence then you're limited to 3.5 tonnes plus a 750Kg trailer or if you want a trailer over 750Kg the whole rig has to be below 3.5 tonnes. If you've got more seats then you're onto D1 which only allows a trailer of 750Kg.

ROG

Visit site
Max braked towing capacity = 1300 kgs

If horse weighs 500 and trailer weighs 800 then ok on a B+E licence

I assume you will have B+E because your Dad teaches it ?

Need to know what the weight plate on the minibus states before commenting on that issue
Driver would need D1+E licence

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
Thanks Rog for replies, not sure on minibus details until I speak to my dad which won't be until later in the week.

Unfortantly i think my cob May weigh more than 500kg so think my car will be out the question. I might be wrong though as have never weighed her so don't actually know.