Towing, have I got this right..???

McFluff

Visit site
The new defender weighs 2323KG. Costs ££££. But is lovely to drive and I suspect will be ace to tow with (the one I tested didn't have a towball...). To me, it felt very much like the Discovery was until it lost its way and went all curvy.

ROG

Visit site
I can only afford to have (afford) one car so I've gone for something that gives me the best of both worlds as best as possible. By choice I would love a 4x4 but
A) They cost too much to run for day to day stuff
B) I'm involved in parrot rehoming etc so often lugging about big cages etc
C) I can't fit my dogs in a 4x4

The Galaxy was the best compromise I could come up with for the money available.
Skoda Octavia 4x4

Annagain

Visit site
The new defender weighs 2323KG. Costs ££££. But is lovely to drive and I suspect will be ace to tow with (the one I tested didn't have a towball...). To me, it felt very much like the Discovery was until it lost its way and went all curvy.

When I test drove it I said to OH I don't understand why anyone would spend another 20k on a Discovery when the Defender drives as well and looks a hell of a lot better. Ours did have a towbar but we were too far from home to go and hitch up the trailer. We had to go to a dealer an hour away as the Defender was booked up until December in our local dealership.

I will get one - but 2nd hand in about 2-3 years time. Good old Wilf the 90 will see me through until then. He's awesome too.