Towing Question....

JenHunt

Visit site
ok, if you were to start from scratch what vehicle and trailer would you opt to choose for towing 2x 16.2hh horses?
a)if money were no object and
b) on a budget

Will not have/Cannot justify a wagon - but both OH and I have B+E licences and are happy to tow.

Both horses are approx 620kg hunter types, and one needs more length than a IW510 gives him

We only do relatively short distances, up to about 30mins each way but the routes can be quite hilly!

Wheels

Visit site
If money were no object then it would be a range rover or Porsche cayenne plus a fautrus oblic or top of the range bockman. On a budget is tricky without knowing what the budget is... Give us a clue!

JenHunt

Visit site
I only ask as we are likely in the next year or so to have to replace the Fourtrak, and when it comes to that I'd like to replace our lovely wooden 3 horse Ward trailer. It's heavy (1200kg empty!) and there are so few vehicles that are rated to tow 3500kg, and I don't want another landrover as they just rust too quickly IMO.

Jesstickle

Visit site
Money no object- probably a RangeRover and an Equitrek. But that assumes I have the money to service both of the damn things too when they consistently break ;)

More sensibly I'd have what I already have (Hyundai Terracan and an Indespension trailer) or possibly a Land Cruiser if I really had to have over 3 tonne capacity. My Terracan does up to 2.8 and easily gets 35mpg on a long run and is insanely cheap to service for a big 4x4 :)