Towing with a 3.5t

china

Visit site
I haven't logged in to this forum for many years! But I'm sure someone will be able to answer.
Does anyone tow with their 3.5t horsebox? I have a Renault master. But stay away quite a lot (I camp). I had thought of getting a tow bar put on, and towing a small trailer to carry all our over night kit, bedding etc! As it's a VERY tight squeeze stacking every in there.
Iv seen 7.5t lorrys tow horse trailers etc. Does anyone do it with a 3.5t? I have my b+e entitlement.

WelshD

Visit site
Quite a few people tow caravans behind small horseboxes and more people tow horse trailers with a fully racked out van so I dont think the idea is a bad one

The only thing that would make me hesitate with a small trailer would be visibility if its only very small I would be constantly worrying about it but maybe thats just me being irrational!

china

Visit site
I have a reversing camera from my old horse trailer that I used for inside to watch the boys, so may well rig that back up so can I keep and eye on it. I haven't had a need for it in the horsebox as I have a viewing window.

ROG

Visit site
What are the top two figures (4 listed) on the vehicle weight plate ?

Does the handbook state a max towing capacity ?

china

Visit site
What are the top two figures (4 listed) on the vehicle weight plate ?

Does the handbook state a max towing capacity ?

I don't think I even have the handbook for it. Where would I find the weight plate. There is a plate in the door that says the unladen weight and payload?

ROG

Visit site
I don't think I even have the handbook for it. Where would I find the weight plate. There is a plate in the door that says the unladen weight and payload?
The vehicle 4 figure weight plate is usually hidden under the bonnet or in a door frame

It should state virtually 3500 as the top figure and probably about 4500 to 5500 on the second figure = guessing

china

Visit site
The vehicle 4 figure weight plate is usually hidden under the bonnet or in a door frame

It should state virtually 3500 as the top figure and probably about 4500 to 5500 on the second figure = guessing

Ah ok. Il take a look in daylight tomorrow. Will this determine what I can/cannot tow with it?

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
75aecb7c6b25930ef8bd8da012542a4e.jpg

This is me towing with Renault master and a 980kg caravan...one horse on board...

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
OP, def check the weight on the van, one of our Movano's has 4750 and the other 5250.
The 52 plater of DH's is the lower one, my 08 is the higher. We both have tow bars and will tow, tho DH often hooks up a long caravan for racing (within weights Rog!)