Towing with a Ford Transit

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
Has anyone done this? Any issues / problems?

I now have my horse at home so would love to have transport to get out and about. Looks like OH is going to be getting a Ford Transit this summer that should theoretically be capable. Horse is a 14.3 cob, perfect traveller, and also possibly daughters 11.2 pony in the future. I would need to buy a trailer. At the moment I am only planning trips within about 10 miles (we have some amazing hacking nearby but I can't get to it thanks to busy main road in the way). I've never seen / heard of anyone towing a horse trailer with a van and wasn't sure if there was a reason.

teddypops

Visit site
My husband used to tow my trailer with his van. I can't remember what it was but it was similar to a transit. Did the job fine and had plenty of room in the back for tack/ rugs etc. as with all vehicles you just need to check the towing capacity!

Theocat

Visit site
Check the overall length of the towing combination - there is a limit, although I don't know if you're close to it!

Also check the specs for your transit. Some of them can only tow a tiny amount, surprisingly.

ROG

Visit site
Need B+E licence

Max length should be ok

Probably get thought of as a 'traveller'

check max towing capacity with the actual weight you will be towing