Toy recommendations?

Rana

Visit site
Well Poppy had just killed toy number 7....

She absolutely loves squeaky fluffy toys. It doesn't matter what shape, what sort of squeaker, she just goes mad for them.

But she kills them. I wish she'd kill rats with the same enthusiasm, at least she'd make herself useful! She does the old shake and kill on the toy, then pins it down and shreds it. She removes the fluff (and swallows it and sicks it up), then opens a whole in it and eats the stuffing. Needless to say she is NOT left unsupervised with one :rolleyes:

I'd like to get her a new toy - the last one, which she will only have on special occasions (basically a reward toy). Can anyone recommend a good, heavy duty, might last more than 5 minutes, squeaky, fluffy, toy?

I know they're not designed to last forever, but we only bought zebra toy on Tuesday and she's only played with it twice :rolleyes: Do I just have to accept I have a killer dog??

Rana

Visit site
Do Kong do a squeaky fluffy one??

Yep, have got a ball on a rope. And various tuggy toys. And rubber squeakies. In fact, she has a whole basket full :eek:

But she's eaten her last fluffy one :( It wasn't even that fluffy :( I suppose I should consider myself lucky that she hasn't eaten the cats :rolleyes:

cobgirlie

Visit site
I like the Kong Wubba for the staffies!! They do fall apart eventually (what doesn't with the staffie jaws of death!!??) but they last pretty well and they get some great fun from them.

Rana

Visit site
According to the Kong website, they do do plush toys. Not sure where to get one though. They also a semi plush/knotted rope tuggy toy, which would work. And I think a Wubba might be in order.

Loving the Tuffy toy, might have to try one of those too!

I found an old cat toy last night - still in perfect condition (cats weren't overly impressed with it :rolleyes: ). Gave it to Poppy, took it away within 5 minutes, she'd destroyed it already.

Terriers eh??

cobgirlie

Visit site
I also tend to buy alot of toys from Charity shops. Make sure they don't have any evil eyes or things that could get chewed and stuck in throats but you can usually get stuffed toys for less than a quid and help a charity too!!!

littlemisslauren

Visit site
I really wouldnt bother with the Kong Wubba!!
B can distroy any soft toy within seconds so we are constantly looking for alternatives. We got her a Wubba and after a couple of mins of chucking it about it was in shreds!

Rana

Visit site
AARGH I thought I was onto something with the Kongs, but maybe not. She stole a fluffy sheep from a tradestand at Hartpury (we had to go back and pay for it!), which lasted really well (2 months!). It has a small hole in it's head now, beginning to wonder if I should just stitch it up and see if it lasts another couple of weeks.

Charity shops are a good idea, but ordinary soft toys last her minutes :(