tracing freezemark.

showpony

Visit site
Anyone any advice? Yo asked me to see if I could help find out some history/ breeding on one of her horses.
On left side there is number 554 under what looks like symbol of stirrup iron.

On right side two digits 02

JDH01

Visit site
Hi, I think it may be a Hungarian brand, the digits on the right side are the year ie. 2002 and the no under the stirrup shape are the foal number for that year. Google Hungarian horse brands and the picture should look like you expect. There is s symbol in the stirrup shape but when I owned a Hungarian sports horse it was had to see as the brand was quite crude. Good luck!

showpony

Visit site
You are a star! Symbol matches) any idea where i can look up foal number to get breeding?
Hi, I think it may be a Hungarian brand, the digits on the right side are the year ie. 2002 and the no under the stirrup shape are the foal number for that year. Google Hungarian horse brands and the picture should look like you expect. There is s symbol in the stirrup shape but when I owned a Hungarian sports horse it was had to see as the brand was quite crude. Good luck!

JDH01

Visit site
This is the tricky bit, you should contact:
The national Institute for Agricultural Quality Control
H-1024 Budapest,Keleti Karoly Utica 24.
Telephone +3613369082

The problem I had was that no one who spoke English ever answered and I had no reply to emails etc! Have you tried scanning for a chip, if so email chip no and a photo of both brands to them? Also there are threads on other sites re tracing brands nos but all seem to involve mysterious middle men! Again good luck

Suec04

Visit site
Hi, Sorry to hi-jack your thread but I am curious about the freezemark on my new mare - all she has is a number 47 on the left side of her neck? any ideas? :)

JDH01

Visit site
Google neck brands on horses and work your way through the posts and pictures, there are loads and you should find what you want.