tracing horses' past through freezemark?

abracadabra

Visit site
I have a freezemarked mare whos history I would like to trace back asfar as posible, ive had her a couple of years and her previous owner had her for several years having bought her as a quite young animal already branded.

the freezebrand papers didnt come with her, has anyone any experience of getting old paperwork off freezebrand companies?

Ziggy_

Visit site
Find out what company it is (google it - different companies use different styles of freeze mark) and get in touch with the freezemark company. Farmkey have a contact sheet on their website and respond in a day or two. They can tell you where and when your horse was freezemarked, and for a fee (I think around £10-15) will contact the old owners for you. Of course its then up to them whether they reply or not though....

abracadabra

Visit site
I think was ess did one of my others and style is different his begins with a diamond shape then 2 letters and a number

D

Donkeymad

The two main freezemarking companies are Freezemark and Farmkey. Farmkey do 4 digit marks and Freezemark 3 digit marks.

abracadabra

Visit site
thanks, looks like farmkey it is then
smile.gif

youve both been very helpful, thankyou