Tracing owners

Nuttymanxmare

Visit site
Is it possible to trace a horses owner through a freezemark or is it hit and miss whether the new owners have updated the details.

Im trying to track down a horses owner but have very little details of them

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Biggest problem is that alot of owners don't keep the records up to date. They pay the initial amount but when it's up for renewal they don't send the money in. Additionally there are several companies that freezemark so you may have to contact all of them to try & get the information. As Henryhorn says if you do manage to contact the right company they may forward your details to the owner but will probably not give you the details first hand due to the constraints of The Data Protection Act. Good Luck though.

RachelB

Visit site
I found out that apparently all the freezemark companies brand differently, for example Freezemark will use a combination of either a letter, then two numbers, then another letter, or they will do a number, two letters, and another number, ie. 4HJ6 or D28M or whatever. Don't quote me though! I just did a Google search ages ago, this is what I vaguely remember! Anyway I think companies generally stick to their own combination (unless of course it is a personalised mark).
I think if you can find out which company did the mark, they may send out your contact details to the old owners if you ask?

thelwell

Visit site
i was going to say you send letter into company with stamp to be fowarded to reg owners but its hit and miss if the database is upto date allso it can be done with the id chip companys as i just had a letter from them for sina

Nuttymanxmare

Visit site
I suppose im clutching at straws as I very much doubt the owner has changed the details over..

Shes freezemarked 02L7 on her shoulder and came from essex originaly.