Tracker on Horsebox

crazydaisy

Visit site
I have recently had a tracker fitted to my horsebox. This is a fabulous deterrent to theives of horseboxes and quite possibly trailers. It was fitted by a company call Kwiktrak Ltd. I found them through google, just thought others may be interested in protecting their vehicles, be it a box, trailer or even your towing vehicle, check the web site out as it would take me too long to expain what it does!!! www.kwiktrak.co.uk

Alec Swan

Visit site
Trackers work a treat on any vehicle with it's own power supply, ie a battery. Horse "Boxes", with an engine, and therefore a battery, are ideal.

The problem is trailers. You CAN fit a tracker to a trailer, but it will need a separate battery, which will probably need replacing every 8 weeks, or so. The problem with this is that we become complacent, we don't replace the battery, when it's needed, and then low and behold, the trailer's gone! It's a matter of discipline, or so I'm told.

Alec.

fjudge

Visit site
Hi guys.

Just seen this post so not sure if your about or even looking anymore but www.m-power.co.uk supply 2 types of trackers for horseboxes/trailers.

Battery operated -

Cheaper option, can be installed by you and moved to other vehicles as and when needed.
Battery does last, depends how often you want it to 'ping' to you (or tell you where it is!!) If you don't want it to tell you everyday/hour then the batter will last a year or so. I can find out more specific if you like.

Connected to power -

Slightly more expensive but can do more fancy things!! We had one of these on our lorry. Can calculate m/gallon, alert you MOT is due, etc... and both trackers get you 10% discount with certain insurance companies!

Frankie x