Tracking apps

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Recommendations for a riding tracking app please. Trying to drag myself into 21st century. Also has another purpose so son can use it for running.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Equilab is great as it's able to show a breakdown of paces. Here's a screenshot from our last trip to the beach where the horse decided that she wanted to run!
IMG_1204.jpg

For live tracking (i.e. so others can see where you are in real time) you have to pay £9.99 a month and this is how that looks to the non-rider:IMG_6538.jpg

P.forpony

Visit site
Only got equilab 2 days ago but really impressed so far
Tried it schooling and on a hack, gaits are pretty spot on, I think it’s going to be good to have the notes I’ve made on each ride to compare going forward.

Uliy

Visit site
I have used equilab for a few years and love it! It even shows you how long you've spent on each rein so it's good for measuring your bad habits.

Squeak

Visit site
Thanks. My beeping phone is incompatible!

Shame, I was going to recommend equilab as well. I've just started using it and have been really impressed with it and it does help to make you more aware of how much time you spend on each rein and in each pace.

I'm doing a lot less canter work than I'd realised.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Something like map my run would give you a record of where you went, distance and time etc. The speed would be irrelevant in the riding (or would it?) I think but handy for you to switch from riding to running or walking.

AFB

Visit site
Equilab is the only equine specific one that I've found actually worked.

Before that I used Stava which is a generic sports tracker but very accurate.

ETA - I only use the free ones because I'm cheap, there might be better options if you're willing to pay.

NLPM

Visit site
I use Equilab too but did notice on a horsey group recently lots of people recommending Endomondo?

MuddyMonster

Visit site
I use Equilab - I don't find it as accurate in Endomondo for distance or paces (I don't know if owning a short legged native is partly to blame :D ) - bit do prefer having all my hacking and schooling sessions on one app.

I didn't think I'd like using an app, but I love it - especially to see how much equal work we do on both reins (I used to blissfully spend more time on our good rein ...!) - we also do a lot more miles than I thought we did :)

Sam_J

Visit site
Equilab is the only equine specific one that I've found actually worked.

Before that I used Stava which is a generic sports tracker but very accurate.

ETA - I only use the free ones because I'm cheap, there might be better options if you're willing to pay.

Could someone please tell me which are the free ones? I am also cheap :D

AFB

Visit site
I use Equilab too but did notice on a horsey group recently lots of people recommending Endomondo?
I used Endomondo for a while before Strava but they did an update to it that made it really unreliable which is why I switched, presumably that will have been ironed out now as it was a good app before that.

Follysmum

Visit site
View ranger is the best I have used
It marks all tracks especially in the woods which others don’t always

B22

Visit site
Sorry to jump on post but talking of apps can anyone recommend an app for recording vaccines/teeth etc. Previously used stablemate (apple) but not available on android