Trailblazers Showing 1st Round, Swallowfield EC

jnb

Visit site
Off we went to Swallowfield EC nr. Solihull/Lapworth - lovely place and nice people! I don't really know much about Trailblazers but someone on the Show Ring mentioned it the other day, it was indoors on a surface and on the Sunday so we decided to give it a go!
Got there eventually after a detour due to the M6 being closed BOTH WAYS and a carboot sale blocking up the access to the M6 Toll road (don;t ask :-/ ) and entered:

100_0662.jpg

Then into the Show Cob Qualifier - 5 in it,and all nice cobs, Becks was very good and trotted and cantered beautifully, a vast improvement in our last indoor effort thanks to Show Ring Camp last week,and we were called in 1st!
Go Around: Sorry for quality - was v sunny outside and quite dark indoors:

100_0666.jpg

100_0671.jpg

Pretty surprised. We had to do a show and I did pretty much the one suggested at Camp last week:

100_0674.jpg

Here we are galloping (note puffs of dust due to turbo cob!)

100_0679-1.jpg

We kept our first place and so we have qualified for the 2nd Round of Trailblazers Showing in a few week's time
grin.gif

I can't believe how good Becks was, I made myself believe in him and he didn't let me down! :-*

With rosette in the lorry park:

100_0687.jpg

It was about 35C in the indoor so both of us sweated buckets, Becks drank a whole bucket of water and, as there were only 4 classes till the Championship we decided to stay.

He was an absolute superstar in the Championship:

100_0694.jpg

there were kids and adults in together and it was a bit hairy, but I went for the spaces,kept trotting and cantering and we were called in CHAMPIONS!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Lap of Honour:

100_0705.jpg

Love my boy.....I am so very pleased with him and a proud Mummy
wink.gif

100_0710.jpg