Trailblazers showjumping championship at Stoneleigh

Rachaelpink

Visit site
Is anyone else going? I've decided to go although it does cost a fortune but it isn't something I'll get the opportunity to do often.

I got a box last year but then my horse wouldn't get in it for quite a while so only started going out competing recently!

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
it is expensive. as i compete bsja also i chose not to go favuring the likes of wales and west and scope festival. if you have the funds anddrive to do so then why not. x

Quadro

Visit site
have been before was great for the purpose of getting young horses used to a big show but have to say i wouldnt go again as it is very very expensive and we had a bale of shavings stolen there!!!

Halfpass

Visit site
I'm doing the dressage finals. Will never get the chance to do something like it again so am really looking forward to it. Roughly how much is it gonna cost me?

silverbreeze

Visit site
I qualifed in the show jumping but never thought to check when the finals where and they clash with my nieces christening!! gutted.
It is expensive but apparently it is relly nice show and a great weekend. i love competing away for the weekend as the atmosphere is brilliant. Worth the spend really I would say.

horseywelsh

Visit site
I'm going down for the dressage finals (2 classes), how much do you think it will be (ish?)

Also, how long after the 2nd round does it take for Trailblazers to get in touch with you, it's been 2 weeks now, is this normal?

Rachaelpink

Visit site
Hi, took about 4 weeks or more before I got my info through after the 2nd rounds. Its £50 for the 2 classes for sj, fractionally less for dressage and showing.
£10 ambulance fees, £20 Stoneleigh maintenance fees, £12 parking, £95 stable for 3 days- not incl bedding or haylage or anything.

Meandtheboys

Visit site
yes I am going too.............SJ, I went last year but due to a fall the weekend before i jumped with a broken hand and ribs.
Despite not being able to walk or ride very well...........it was still brilliant, it is more expensive than arena uk championships and wales and west but the atmospere is worth it.....
smile.gif
smile.gif

Boxers

Visit site
My daughter has qualified for 2 classes in the junior Trailblazer SJ and we are going to go. It's the first time she's qualified for this type of thing and as she only has til the end of 2010 in juniors we are going.

SHe's also qualified for Scope and we are going to go there too.

Does anyone know how easy it will be for us to stay in a tent? We don't have a lorry and can't afford to hire one for the week, so I think the tent is the only option - will be manage?

horseywelsh

Visit site
we don't have a lorry either, so tent it will be for us too.
Heard alot of people camp. I'm just praying it's dry weather.

horseywelsh

Visit site
Thakns for putting costs up, eeeeek just worked it out, thats £233 alone on entries/stable etc. We will def be sleeping in a tent now!!!! Have to get saving up!

Groom42

Visit site
We went for SJ last year - friendly atmosphere in lorry park, lots of tents, gazebos and home comforts! Supporters are welcome too, no charge - our friends caught us up and stayed for the weekend to cheer. There are showers and loos, but a bit of a trek from the lorry park if you are very young,very old, or very desperate! We had borrowed a lorry as ours was incapacitated - OH turned up with pizza for dinner and was horrified to find no oven in the wagon ("I thought they ALL had ovens!") - OUR lorry doesn't even currently have means to sit in the living! We did a deal with another competitor, who had forgotten fuel for her generator (HER lorry was the Full Monty, she just couldn't use it!).......we gave her the juice, and she cooked our pizzas. Also, first night I realised I had forgotten certain necessities for a good weekend (wine, ciggies, treats to eat etc......OK, I DID remember pony,saddle, bridle,all the REALLY necessary things! Of course, can't nip out to town in a settled-in 7.5tonner. Next door neighbour in a similar boat,so we walked to the gate, stopped everyone who was leaving in a car to see if they were coming back, and hitched a lift to the nearest filling station and M&S Simply Food! Just a couple of memories from our brilliant weekend - hope you have a great time and make as many friends as we did.
smile.gif

Rachaelpink

Visit site
I'm adding more expense by staying in a B&B and hiring a box! My box is 1993 reg and doesn't cope well on motorways, it doesn't like long journeys and it isnt worth the stress of trying to take it.