Trailer and Lorry tests

I think the belly monster is a...

• Total voters

kerryflower

Visit site
Hey. Just wondering if anyone could let me know how to go about doing either my trailer or lorry test. Turned 21 in September and relying on others for lifts to comps so ready to have a go myself but have no idea where to even find a "towing or lorry driving instructor" etc. Also, can you do a combined trailer or lorry or do u have to do them separatly? Can't decide which to do! eek Any info would be gratefully received
smile.gif
<font color="purple"> </font>

kerryflower

Visit site
by the way i have no idea what im doing so that poll thing is there why? and the percents were meant to be speech marks lol
tongue.gif

Cample19

Visit site
Hi - i did my trailer test a few years ago after much debating whether to do lorry or trailer. I decided on trailer for financial reasons as oh had a 4x4 already so wasnt too expensive. I did a crash course and then a test similar to driving test and passed (called b+e test) The cost of all of it inc test was about £650 all in.
If you would prefer to have a lorry you will need to so a theory aswell (which i did before i decided on trailer) which isnt too difficult then you will probably wanna do a crash course and a test and i think they are close to £800-£900 for the course.

kerryflower

Visit site
i dont have a 4x4 so thats main reason why im in a bit of a conundrum. i wish i could just get in and go! lol. Im based in wales so if anyone knows of a company/people who do the crash courses for either trailer or lorry tests in wales or bristol way can u let me know. thanks for your reply!

emsy

Visit site
Hi,
i did my lorry test over the summer, am sure where your based but i had a really gd instructor who only charged £35 p/hr so in total i only spent £600 inc my test!!!
gd value

Vickijay

Visit site
Hello,

I am just venturing into teaching people to drive a truck as Im a driving instructor and want to branch out!!!

You have to do one or the other, although most driving schools do trailer tests but with a little trailer. Most truck schools you are taught by truckers with truckers!! And no one ever mentions how to drive it with ponies on! Hence why I think I should teach horsey people how to pass the test and drive with ponies on!! I think its only cos I want to get a super posh loads expensive new truck (but then wouldnt want new people to drive it!!) Also most lorry driving teachers dont have to pass such strict exams that we had to do to teach learner drivers so I have that on my side!

When I was your age I went to a lorry driving school, it was quite pricey, it cost around £1400 for a weeks course with the test at the end.

Where are you?! You could be my first truck pupil lol

Nic

Visit site
Mum &amp; I did ours last year. We bought an HGV so did our class 2. If you are 21 or over (or work in the industry &amp; are 18 or over) you are as well doing your class 2 rather than your class 3 as it allows you to drive an HGV &amp; not just a 3.5-7.5t.

We were £700 each ( I think) for a week intensive including test fee. If you are doing lorry you also need a medical which usually costs abouot £90 unless you have a tame GP!

As for choosing between trailers &amp; lorries it comes down to a lot of factors, no. of horses, outings, cost etc.

goneshowjumping

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

I am just venturing into teaching people to drive a truck as Im a driving instructor and want to branch out!!!

You have to do one or the other, although most driving schools do trailer tests but with a little trailer. Most truck schools you are taught by truckers with truckers!! And no one ever mentions how to drive it with ponies on! Hence why I think I should teach horsey people how to pass the test and drive with ponies on!! I think its only cos I want to get a super posh loads expensive new truck (but then wouldnt want new people to drive it!!) Also most lorry driving teachers dont have to pass such strict exams that we had to do to teach learner drivers so I have that on my side!

When I was your age I went to a lorry driving school, it was quite pricey, it cost around £1400 for a weeks course with the test at the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

where abouts are you??? i need lessons!! all the places in cambrdigeshire only do the intensive courses, they dont do hourly lessons!!!

kerryflower

Visit site
hey! i am near bridgend, south wales (between swansea and cardiff) when u say truck do u mea lorries lol (im not up on the lingo haha) How much would u charge? where abouts are u? would def be interested!
smile.gif

kerryflower

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

[/ QUOTE ]

Im in bridgend (between swanse and cradiff, wales) Where are u? Would def be interested! if u send me one of those message things then can maybe sort something out? im super new on this forum malarkey so have no clue what im doing lol. also by truck, do u mean lorry? lol