Trailer Cameras - baby video monitor alternative?

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
Does anyone have a recommendation of a cheapish trailer cam, round abut the £60 mark? Has anyone successfully used a video baby monitor as one? Just thinking that the range on them is quite impressive and might be a cheap alternative. Won't be used a lot - maybe a few times a month. Would have a holder to attach it to and take it out when not in use, not looking for an expensive fixed one.

Thank you :)

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
i have a little baby monitor/security camera set where both the camera and little hand held screen have rechargable batteries so i just charge them before the journey and bobs you uncle. However I purchased a few years ago and whilst i can find sets on ebay that have the screen unit they all seem to have mains powered cameras now. But i'll keep looking.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Last edited:

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site

Merlod

Visit site
I have a cheap reversing camera and monitor. It had to be wired but as my dad is an electrician labour was free ;) works very well!

ROG

Visit site
Is this for the driver or the passenger to view whilst the vehicle is in motion ?

If for the driver then its illegal

I know I post on these type of threads much to the annoyance of some but my intention is only to point out the law and not to tell anyone what to do