Trailer courses and test

moodymare1987

Visit site
Right so i am looking at doing my trailer test either later on this year or next year. Just curious on prices for courses.
I have no experience of pulling a trailer what so ever so would be a total novice.
Roughly how many hours did people tend to need. And how did you find the test.
Thanks in advance

ROG

Visit site
Right so i am looking at doing my trailer test either later on this year or next year. Just curious on prices for courses.
I have no experience of pulling a trailer what so ever so would be a total novice.
Thanks in advance

Near me in Leicester at a LGV training company most novices do it over 3 half days with test on day 3 for about £650 all inclusive

Where in UK are you looking to train?

The B+E test
No medical or theory test required
Read a number plate from a certain distance
VIDEO - Show Me Tell Me Questions VIDEO - Show Me Tell Me Questions - usually 5
The next three can be in any order:-
VIDEO - Reversing Exercise VIDEO - Reversing Exercise - done in test centre grounds if test conducted from practical test centre - some tests are now being done from training school grounds
DSA REVERSING TEST AREA DIAGRAM DSA REVERSING TEST AREA DIAGRAM
VIDEO - Uncouple/couple up VIDEO - Uncouple/couple up - done in test centre grounds if test conducted from practical test centre - some tests are now being done from training school grounds
One hour road drive - includes the independent drive and is done virtually the same as the basic car test

The trailer must now be loaded with 600 kgs of sand bags or a 1000 kgs water IBC for the test so most companies are now training with that weight in the trailer
https://www.gov.uk/new-laden-testing-rules-for-driving-test-vehicles

Well explained here

DISCLAIMER - I have no connection to any companies which may be featured in those videos

This is interesting BUT NOT RECOMMENDED – a B licence towing set up can be presented for the B+E test but L plates must be used for the test. So you can train yourself, go to test by yourself, fit L plates, do the test, then, pass or fail, remove L plates and drive away by yourself.
DSA B+E TEST AND VEHICLE/TRAILER REQUIREMENTS
Remember that the required 600 kgs of sand bags or 1 x 1000 IBC filled with water will be required in the trailer and the load must be secure.

SUPERVISING A B+E LEARNER
In April 2010 new rules were introduced for those supervising certain learner drivers but they only affected those supervising VOCATIONAL categories such as C1 C1+E D1 & D1+E where the supervising driver had those categories given to them for free when they passed a pre 1997 car test.
They do not affect those with a pre 1997 B+E licence who wish to supervise a B+E learner.
All B licence holders have B+E provisional on the paper part of their licence and can tow an empty or loaded trailer on all roads including motorways.
The usual rules apply when a learner is driving -
The supervising driver must be aged over 21
The supervising driver must have held a B+E licence for at least 3 years
L plates must be fitted to the front of the vehicle and the rear of the trailer
Correct insurance for a B+E learner

mischamoo

Visit site
Thanks in advance

I took my trailer test a few months ago and passed after just 3 1/2 hours training however I've been towing my 4x4 and trailer for the past year pretty much once a week so already had my eye in for reversing and used to the length of driving something longer on the road. My instructor offers courses of 2-3 days (3 1/2 hours per day) training for novices which most people need if they've no experience at all.

Aleka81

Visit site
Thanks in advance

£355 and I was a total novice apart from towing a tiny trailer for two hours. The guy I used was amazing!

Kevin Parker school of motoring based near Thame!

moodymare1987

Visit site
Near me in Leicester at a LGV training company most novices do it over 3 half days with test on day 3 for about £650 all inclusive

Where in UK are you looking to train?

I'm looking at training in or near Manchester. Thank you for the information that is great. I need to get my car changed first as can't practice in mine. I was changing it anyway to something that will tow. I do have a couple if friends that have two vehicles that will teach me no doubt.

moodymare1987

Visit site
Thanks for all replies. Seems to be a fair price for the courses. Definitely need to get mine done as I can take myself all over whenever I need to.

Equi

Visit site
Mine is £30 an hour for as many as you need and £110 for the test itself. I hopefully will only need about 4 lessons.