Trailer/HGV/LGV funding??

AatHarv

Visit site
Hello :)
Just wondering on the off chance if anyone knows of any grants/funding towards either B+E training or the HGV and LGV training and tests.
I know there was quite a lot around a few years ago but there doesn't seem to be anything at the moment so just seeing if anyone knows of anything we are missing!
TIA

sport horse

Visit site
I have put a young member of staff through their HGV under the apprenticeship scheme, using a company called System Training. I can 100% advise everyone not to use this company. We are now 15 months into the 12 month apprenticeship. After much chasing she has done the theory and driving parts but we are short of modules 2 and 4 without which she cannot drive for me! The government have put another company in to sort out the mess but I have not heard from them for a month and now the girl is leaving in 6 weeks so is unlikely to finish.
At least she can drive her own lorry with her own horses but as the employer who gave her all the time for the training in working hours I have had nothing in return except aggravation trying to sort it out. In fact they even messed up the paperwork and prevented me receiving funding for another youngster on a completely different scheme.

Never again the HGv and I am now very wary of apprenticeships in general.

luckyoldme

Visit site
im not sure about current funding. I sat mine years ago and resorted to taking out a loan. It seems like a lot of money at the time but the job vacancies in hgv driving(now lgv) make the initial outlay worthwhile (assuming you are after a licence to work )
Lgv drivers are getting harder to come by these days and hopefully this might make conditions and pay improve. I worked for four different companies in the ten years i drove and without exception all of them expected me to work the maximum legally permitted hours (and one of them considerably more than that) from my own experience a typical working week would be between 65-70 hours on the card and 4 or five nights out. Decent money, but really long hours and no home life!