Trailer insurance: Rescue AND Theft

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Needing to insure trailer.

Looking for policy which is a "dual" one, if such a thing exists, as wishing to cover "Rescue" AND "Theft" etc.

KBIS quote is £132.08 for breakdown & rescue of equines etc (includes towing vehicle even when not towing); and £67.20 for Accidental Damage, Fire & Theft plus Third Party. £100 excess.

Any other ideas for a "combined policy" if possible......... ???

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I don’t think they do combined as in covering for theft etc, but I recommend Equine Rescue Services for the trailer breakdown with or without vehicle cover.

We insure the trailer through SEIB, have trailer breakdown through ERS and then the tow vehicle is insured separately again…

AandK

Visit site
Breakdown is separate to the insurance side. I haven't seen one where it is under one policy. I am with Anthony D Evans for insurance, it was £70 for the year as my trailer is fairly low value. I am then with ERS for breakdown direct, you can add it via AE when taking out the policy at the same time but it will still be with ERS and separate to the insurance policy.

Widgeon

Visit site
I don’t think they do combined as in covering for theft etc, but I recommend Equine Rescue Services for the trailer breakdown with or without vehicle cover.

We insure the trailer through SEIB, have trailer breakdown through ERS and then the tow vehicle is insured separately again…

Me too....rescue with Equine Rescue, trailer insured on the horse policy (Scottish Equestrian) and then tow vehicle with a separate company we use to insure our cars. I was chatting with my brother the other day about our menagerie and insurance and he said "you must have SO MANY insurance policies!". I guess we do, I have to keep them in a spreadsheet otherwise I'd go mad (or forget to pay). The dog is with another company again!