Trailer question

MurphysMinder

Visit site
We went to a show this morning, and seemed to be in the minority in that we travelled Murph with the top door at the front of the trailer closed. Presumably people were leaving them open to try and keep trailers cooler but its never something I have considered as I would worry about dust etc going in horses eyes. What do others on here do?

TelH

Visit site
I always have the top door at the front closed and the top doors at the back open if I have a pony in. If I have an empty trailer I shut all the doors.

Louby

Visit site
This seems to be a trend, why only knows. I have heard of the odd horse that travels better with it open but my spooky horse would have kittens :D

OskyWoskyPonio

Visit site
Whether it's to keep the trailer cooler or not, what would happen if braches and twigs started going in through the open top door and into the horses faces and potentially eyes! I mean many horses are kept in rural areas and this often involves driving down country lanes to get to events and these country lanes are often bordered by hedges and trees!! Even if it doesn't involve this kind of driving I know my horse for one likes to stick his head through this top door if he's standing in the trailer and what would be there to stop him sticking his nose out while we're driving along if he wanted to?? :eek:
Rather dangerous IMHO!
Better to open the vents and windows (if possible) on the trailer as these are designed to let air in whilst keeping the majority of foreign objects out :)