Trailer recommendations

Amy567

Visit site
So, after getting back into horses again, mum and I were thinking that we might need a better trailer. Ours is a Rice Europa that cost us £800 18 months ago, is dingy inside and a little bit too small. I have a 15.2hh TB and a 16.2hh TB that need to go in it, nothing wrong with it really, but it is ideally built for 2 15.2's and my 16.2 has his ears flat to the roof when he puts his head up a bit. It's also a bit dark and he likes to see a lot.

What trailers would people recommend? Preferably something with a large front window, or facing backwards with plenty of windows, so he doesn't bend himself in half to look at what's going on. And nothing too heavy, so can't really do an EquiTrek trailer.

Basically we just want something that is going to fit 2 16.2's with somewhere for him to look out of without hurting himself :)

frozzy

Visit site
Dont dismiss an Equitrek out of hand.
I have an Equitrek Trailtreka, bought it new two years ago and love it! It can take up to 17.2 and I pull it with my Isuzu Trooper. I only have Welsh ponies/cobs and my OH who is a transport manager loves it. Lightweight but can tow well.

LynH

Visit site
I have a Wessex Olympian which is really spacious and feels a lot smoother to tow than the Ifor. I also prefer left hand unload for bigger horses, my big mare struggles to turn out if a right hand unload without catching her hip.

Sprig

Visit site
Bateson. Lovely and light inside and lightweight to tow while still being heavy enough to be nice and stable. They tend to be relatively inexpensive too (though not as much of a bargain as they used to be - I think people are cottoning on).

Amy567

Visit site
Thank you :) We like the look of the Equitrek Trail trekker the most due to the ramp, but it does have to be the most expensive and have the least included lol. We'll just have to save our pennies and see what we can get when we start getting out more :)

Brijjy

New User
Visit site
I've just bought an extremely tidy Wessex Clubman. I looked at Ifors but I really don't like front unload out into the road rather than onto a kerb. The people I bought my trailer from have just got an Equitrek lorry and they didn't rate the build quality of it. I've seen a couple of them in the flesh and superficially, they looked fine to me.

holt889

Visit site
Can't rate batesons enough ! Mine is an Ascot model - has tack storage cupboard- and I got it with barn doors at the back. Not only does it tow brilliantly, its easy to move and with the barn doors even bad loaders go in as they have no ramp to mess about on! There is a small ramp that pulls out from underneath but I never use it ... Every animal that's gone in just seems to be happy stepping in ! If you ring Bateson direct they will deliver to your door step and also give a good discount for buying direct !