Trailer test York - how much and where?

SMIS

Visit site
Hi everyone,

Can anyone give any advice on a good place to take a B+E trailer test for towing a horsebox and give an idea of cost? I just got quoted £744 by somewhere and it feels a bit steep! I'm based in York. Thanks!

Nemosa

New User
Visit site
TIR in beverley were great, i passed 1st time with them (!) and it cost me £398 for 11 hours of training (in their car and trailer) and it also included the test hours too taken in their car so 12 hours in total (if i remember rightly). Very reasonable and good training too. I had never towed before so if you have some experience you could do less time.

http://www.tirtraining.co.uk/training/b-e-towing-licence/

Widgeon

Visit site

I did mine with Tockwith. It was expensive - almost exactly £500 for the assessment, half a day training and the test. Having done the assessment they judged that I would be okay on half a day. I'd never towed before. They do have a very nice setup, good vehicles, and the instructor was good and helpful. I could probably have shopped around and done it for less but it was worth it for me (it was also relatively close to where I lived at the time).

Oops, sorry, just seen that this was not a new question but a new answer to an ancient question! Didn't mean to contribute to the rise of a zombie thread