trailor preference, which side.

tinafletcher1

Visit site
does anyone have a horse that will only travel in one particular side in the trailer. have to travel my mare to the left (passenger side). we had to pick up another horse last week , and wanting to load it the pavement side, put said mare to opp side to usual. hour into journey she was creating so much we had to pull into supermarket car park and swap them round. quiet and peaceful for rest of journey. My gelding prefers to travel the other side (driver side) .but doesn't create quite as much, you can just tell he struggles to balance.

Cragrat

Visit site
It is recommended that a single horse, or the heavier of the two, should always go on the right hand side on UK roads.
This is because of the camber tilting towards the kerb, so loading the weight to the centre makes the trailer more stable.

My lump of WB always travels on the right, my TB has learnt to travel on the left if with his friend, or the right if alone.

9tails

Visit site
My mare also has to go on the right, she's unable to balance kerbside and scrabbles all the time.

Nicnac

Visit site
I wouldn't travel one horse on the left as unbalances the trailer. Not sure if this is law or not though. I would however, if travelling just the one horse, remove the partition so they can be in the middle rather than the left hand side which is, imo, dangerous.

CazD

Visit site
I wouldn't travel one horse on the left as unbalances the trailer. Not sure if this is law or not though. I would however, if travelling just the one horse, remove the partition so they can be in the middle rather than the left hand side which is, imo, dangerous.

My mare will only travel on the left. She falls over and panicks if she's on the right hand side. Last time I travelled her five minutes down the road she ended up scrabbling and kicking on both corners even though we were travelling slowly and caused ££ damage to the horse trailer,