Trainers in Kent

evsj

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a good eventing or showjumping trainer in mid-Kent, please? My horse is jumping at discovery and pre-nov level. I used to be near Sevenoaks and we had a BHSI come to our yard to teach on Saturdays but I have moved to near Maidstone and can no-longer have her. I prefer to find someone through word of mouth.

Thank you.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Sorry can't recommend a trainer as mine is mainly Dressage but just wanted to say:

Hello, and my horses are in Maidstone, Detling infact, are you near?

Might see you out and about sometime (saying that you are at a higher level then me), but we are often at Cobham Manor.

MrsMagoo

Visit site
Urm well theres Neil Boorman, Chris Moyce and sum others...

hello and welcome. Where abouts are u, i'm only along the road
smile.gif

Rambo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Adrian Evans (BSJA apprentice), Lucy Thompson (european eventer), Sally Thurloway (BSJA)

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Adrian Evans an Apprentice Coach !? He's not listed on then Area 46 website
crazy.gif

Rambo

Visit site
I've seen him ride a few times, but I don't know him as such. I also liked one of the horses on his website, and have subsequently seen it around on the circuit...no time or money for any more though unfortunately
shocked.gif

evsj

Visit site
Hello

Sorry I forgot I posted this thread and didn'nt realise I had responses!! I use IT at work every day but I am a bit of a biff with this forum thingy...

Anyway, Hi and I am in Staplehurst so not too far from Maidstone. Yes, I have been to Cobham Manor a few times. I thought it had closed though and ignored all the show dates - now understand that the show centre is still running so I will be up there during the winter for SJ and dressage. Luckily we have Duckhurst farm in Staplehurst too which is brill as it is just 10 mins drive from our yard (which is at Frittenden).

When I am out and about we may cross paths - you'll know us, I am on a grey mare with big ears and we turn up in a tatty blue dodge lorry!

I must get organised and stick some pictures on my profile so I don't have to be labelled 'stranger' anymore.

Oh, I think that John Smart does clinics at Duckhurst now so that may be of use to me.

Take care

Eryl

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Hi Eryl,

Oh so you aren’t far at all from us. Hope fully we will see you around, mine’s a bay with big ears and an attitude. I like Duckhurst and will definitely be there over the winter, saying that we only do Unaff stuff. Cobham is ok, the courses (I think) aren’t as good as those at Duckhurst. We are off jumping tomorrow at a local yard, just a little friendly thing organised by my instructor.

So is John Smart a good trainer, do you have to be jumping higher to do a clinic with him?

Would love to see some pictures of your Ned!!

I might PM you and ask your advice later about jumping if that’s ok?

JoElla

susan_w

Visit site
Hi and welcome. I'm a Kent person, but I'm down between Canterbury and Folkeston, loads of good trainers in this area.

I know that Cobham have got some really good clinics coming up - they've got Annette Lewis - BSJA Accredited coach - my daughter had her and she is brilliant - very down to earth and calls a spade a spade. They've also got Graham Fletcher doing a clinic too - not had him for a lesson, but seen him publicly speaking and he was good fun. John Smart is another good one who calls a spade a spade. We've had him, and he was lovely. Check on the BSJA website for the accredited coaches and you'll find some really good ones, just depends on how far they will travel. But good luck anyway.