Transport from France to UK

jokadoka

Visit site
Never look a gift horse in the mouth. You've had good advice, which cost you nothing, but you appear to want a consensus. I'm afraid I couldn't give two hoots for your wounded pride, but I do care about the welfare of the horse.

As I said before, thank you for your time and input. I hope you wake up in a better mood tomorrow

jokadoka

Visit site
The tri-partate agreement is no longer exists.

You need to get a form off the DDPE website in France, it is difficult to find so ask your vet to help.

This says your horse is fit and healthy, we then had to take it into the Ministry of Agriculture in our case 40 mins away and wait for the paperwork to be done. This was a year ago and we found then that the French Ministry were not up to speed with the new rules. You will find it better explained on the DEFRA website. Bringing our horse back to France was easier as the UK vet knew what to do and did it was almost instant. Downside the UK vet cost a fortune our vet in France did the paperwork for nothing.

My joke with French friends "Why did you chop the heads of your Royals yet put up with your Civil Servants?"

Haha I totally get where you're coming from regarding the civil servants!
Thanks for the info, very helpful
I take it I can download this form anytime, but how far in advance can I go to the ministry of agriculture to have it signed off?
I am aiming to have the horses picked up on 20th of June, how many days prior to that have I got to have the paperwork signed off? Presumably my vet will have to fill in/stamp some stuff on this form too?
Many thanks, it's a minefield over here isn't it😕

foraday

Visit site
We only use Julie Magnus

www.jmrt.co.uk

Bespoke transport in Oakely Horse Lorrys

Haylage given as standard and direct door to door

Updates and pics throughout

Won't use anyone else

Casey76

Visit site
Adam Gibson. www.aghorsetransport.co.uk

He's taken several horses from our yard in Alsace to various places in the UK, and everyone who has used him has had a great experience.

And... I can't believe there is a single other English horse person in the world in Alsace... and now you're leaving!!!

HashRouge

Visit site
Another recommendation for Adam Gibson. We've only used him in the UK but he's always been excellent and the horses travel very well, even though neither is the most confident traveller due to doing it so rarely!

popsdosh

Visit site
We only use Julie Magnus

www.jmrt.co.uk

Bespoke transport in Oakely Horse Lorrys

Haylage given as standard and direct door to door

Updates and pics throughout

Won't use anyone else

Lol . Dont believe everything on that website . One very old lorry(Not Oakley) dont think she would do international at all! ETA at Dover I have used them many times to bring up from Spain. they are up through france on a weekly if not more regular basis . However its a very straight forward trip doing it yourself .

Last edited:

jokadoka

Visit site
Adam Gibson. www.aghorsetransport.co.uk

He's taken several horses from our yard in Alsace to various places in the UK, and everyone who has used him has had a great experience.

And... I can't believe there is a single other English horse person in the world in Alsace... and now you're leaving!!!

Yes I am and I can't wait to get back to the UK!! It has been a long 9 years and we're definitely ready to go back!!!

Been in touch with Adam Gibson and we may well go with him.

Nour

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm going to be moving my filly from France to the UK in the coming months. I've read through this thread, which has been really helpful, and contacted a handful of the horse transport companies mentioned for quotes. For those of you who have done this, how much did you pay? The one company who has replied to me so far is quoting me £700 (france-wales).

Also - has anyone done the trip themselves, driving a horse van? Is it possible to use the eurotunnel, or do they only allow proper horse transporters? What about the ferry? Any info would be great!

Excited for the move! Looking forward to your thoughts.