Transport to new livery yard

9tails

Visit site
You arrange for your horse to either be picked up by a horse transporter, hire a selfdrive horsebox or find someone with a 4wd and a trailer.

ElleCee

Visit site
Thank you. I wondered if it was acceptable to ask new YO if they can collect horse (at cost of course) or is this not usually done?

View

Visit site
To move your horse the YOer must have an operators licence and a certificate of competency .

One to be aware of. Don't assume nowadays that someone saying they have a CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) is a transport manager; nowadays drivers also require a CPC to drive for hire or reward (with some very limited exceptions). Nowadays transport managers have to be on a central register.

And in the case of a YO occasionally transporting horses, I think it's far more likely that they would nominate someone qualified as their transport manager.

ElleCee

Visit site
Thank you all for your replies & for taking the time to give advice, I've passed them onto my friend and she is being moved by her new YO.

Tnavas

Visit site
One to be aware of. Don't assume nowadays that someone saying they have a CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) is a transport manager; nowadays drivers also require a CPC to drive for hire or reward (with some very limited exceptions). Nowadays transport managers have to be on a central register.

And in the case of a YO occasionally transporting horses, I think it's far more likely that they would nominate someone qualified as their transport manager.

Tends not to apply if you are just being charged costs. The rules been there for decades but people get around it by not charging for profit just costs. Currently set at 45p a mile.