Transporters to/from Europe and East Midlands?

Saucisson

Visit site
hi

Not been on here for a while!

Can anybody recommend a company to transport a horse from Belgium to the UK (east midlands)?

Obviously for a reasonable price and not involving a huge European tour.

I'm really interested in one's with a good reputation. (Or not ;-))

Thanks in advance, i can't get on the net too often so please don't think lack of response = lack of interest :)

Nicnac

Visit site
I'm desperately trying to remember the name of the company that brought my two over from Belgium when I moved here. It was 19 years ago though so they may not be in business anymore. They were excellent.

I've heard good things about Gelissen who come over once a week http://www.horse-transport.nl/fr/accueil

and a friend used John Parker Int'l to ship her horse to the UK from the US.

foraday

Visit site
The words 'reasonable price' and not the huge european tour do not go together! There are MANY transporters that do shared loads and whilst yours might be the so called 'last' to be picked up, they HAVE to make the load pay!

2 DEFRA HGV drivers wages and their expenses
tolls and eurovingettes
Diesel only slightly cheaper on the continent, unless they haul everyone to Luxembourg just to fill up!
Lairage if they 'do' actually stop
normal VOSA 6 weekly safety checks
Insurances, green card etc

If you want all above board and KNOW that the horse is door to door you will need an individual load.

Another vote for www.jmrt.co.uk who we use all the time for individual loads for our horses.

Failing that look on www.findhorsetransport.org

Good luck and hope all goes well

JenTaz

Visit site
check out perth equine transport, roland is always going backwards and forwards up and down thr uk and abroad, he only has a 2 horse lorry so there shouldnt be any long round europe trips, and your pretty much guarenteed amazing care, hes very well priced