transporting a horse from ireland

amycamycamyc

Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations (and guide to ball-park costs) for a professional transporter to move a horse from Ireland (Belfast) to Herts?

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
I've imported a couple and having used two different transporters, would definitely recommend Keating Horse Transport. Gave me a good price and horse walked off the lorry very happy, healthy and bright eyed (different story for the other company!). And this was during the awful weather we had, that hit Ireland particularly bad with winds of 45mph and heavy rain.

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Well it took a bit longer, as the ferry was cancelled due to the bad weather, so he was kept at their stables in Ireland. But once they got moving, he was here (east midlands) within one day. I remember it being quick, as the other transporter had the horse on there for 34 hours. The chaps were lovely, and the dealer I bought from in Ireland always uses Martin Keating :)

JJS

Visit site
I have a little gelding coming over from Bantry in Southern Ireland to Leeds in the next week or so, and have been quoted 400 euros by George Mullins, who's come very highly recommended.