Transporting from Ireland - insurance?

fuze

Visit site
Just wondering if anybody here has experience of transporting horses from Ireland at all, and if you did, did you insure them for the journey?

Curious as to how it works, and where you an actually get such an insurance from?

TIA!

Quigleyandme

Visit site
I bought a horse from Ireland in February. Same dealer as Catembi. I didn't insure for the journey. Carrier has insurance. The easiest thing would be to contact a reputable insurance company like KBIS and ask them.

buzyizzy

Visit site
Just wondering if anybody here has experience of transporting horses from Ireland at all, and if you did, did you insure them for the journey?

Curious as to how it works, and where you an actually get such an insurance from?

TIA!

I had mine transported over and back last year. Just need their passports to go with them. If you need any recommendations, George Mullins in Wicklow was amazing, the horses looked great when they arrived :) plus he wasn't that expensive considering they had their own lorry.

fuze

Visit site
Fab, thank you guys. I believe it’s Dunlop that we’re using, but having never done this before I’m just a little confused on the insurance front! Especially with the cool-off period you get with usual policies. I’ll make some phone calls.