Travel Boots /Wraps

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I prefer none too, perhaps just a wrap round tail guard if they are a 'sit on bum' animal, but usually nothing.

OP, you'll get a good 50/50 divide on this........Pro transporters prefer just a headcollar, some owner/drivers prefer full wrapping.

Stenners

Visit site
I prefer none too, perhaps just a wrap round tail guard if they are a 'sit on bum' animal, but usually nothing.

OP, you'll get a good 50/50 divide on this........Pro transporters prefer just a headcollar, some owner/drivers prefer full wrapping.
I'm currently using nothing - however i do worry incase they damage themselves as until about 6 months ago i always used to use tail guard and boots!

Ratface

Visit site
I hardly travel my old horse now. However, when I did, I travelled him without boots. No problems, but before I bought him, he had been a successful competition horse, and travelled all over the UK.
I think it's possibly due to owners' preferences.

Visit site
What travel boots or wraps would travelling would everyone recommend? It's a minefield!
i use travel boots and when my horses are travelling i feel they are safe, together with a tail bandage and a tail guard over the top. my advice would either be travel boots and guard/bandage but you could also use brushing boots or overreach boots, they both work fine.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
The shod one has over reach boots and the snuggy hood fleece wraps or thermatex wraps but I have travelled without them if its really hot, I always use a bum tail guard as mine tend to rub it raw otherwise.

Be careful using the over the hock travel boots some horses don't like them and will try and get them off, I find you have to get them used to them in the stable first before using them to travel.

Sealine

Visit site
I think the ones I use are Mark Todd. I bought them second hand 12 years ago from eBay and they are still in perfect working order after much use.

Winters100

Visit site
I have no idea what the 'right' answer is. I was using these for a long time https://www.premierequine.co.uk/products/airtechnology-knee-pro-tech-horse-travel-boots

However having read here about the problems of using boots I changed tack. I am not quite confident enough to use nothing, so now I just use these, which are not travel boots, but I think might give some degree of protection, and they are breathable and not so bulky https://www.thehusk.co.uk/products/husk-la-irenita-sport-boot-ii-pair

It is an interesting issue, and truthfully one which I am not really sure about.

FinkleyAlex

Visit site
I quite like my premier equine ones, though I do get annoyed about the fact that every pair of travel boots I’ve ever owned has always ended up cracking at the heel, often after little wear

claracanter

Visit site
I use turnout boots just on my boys hind legs as he has a previous scar that needs protecting.
My husbands horse now travels without any boots at all as when he does he kicks. Without them he is silent. I know, right.

McFluff

Visit site
I used to use the le mieux travel boots - my mare was fine in them. But my gelding was getting stampy while wearing them, so I changed to using brushing boots and over-reach boots for him (this helps keep some of his white socks white) - I have sometimes travelled him home with no boots. He just doesn't seem to like the feel of the travel boots. I use a tail guard, as much to try and keep some of his tail clean as anything else.